Volvo dumper

The Stig

Anybody selling a Volvo 861/A20 back end or dumper conversion for sale or know where there is one please ?

If you get one, don't forget the photos:weld:

There are a few nice ones around here that lads have converted, mainly for drawing rock that the truck lads cant/wont handle
They are ideal for this, but for general work they are a heavy brute for their capacity.

There are a few nice ones around here that lads have converted, mainly for drawing rock that the truck lads cant/wont handle
They are ideal for this, but for general work they are a heavy brute for their capacity.
I’ve seen one used as demountable unit on a artic trailer for drawing rock for fixing costal erosion seemed a good unit.

One here from the famous qf crowd.
I’ve been looking for one to mount hooklift gear onto.
B0B179C6-33AC-47FF-973F-FD84B340A4A0.png

Bought the complete 861 in clare.will keep ye updated.thanks for all the help.gonnna keep it as a unit unless the engine or transmission goes wallop.
My tractor just breathed a sigh of relief🙂
What are you going to do with it, land reclamation?

For a land locked project for their money, you couldnt really go wrong with them.
Can they actually be road registered though ? It doesn't have a log book.will be crossing the road a bit,may need to go short road distances as in 300m from time to time

Can they actually be road registered though ? It doesn't have a log book.will be crossing the road a bit,may need to go short road distances as in 300m from time to time
Yes they can be registered to go on the road but the problem is you can't fill them to the hilt, you're limited by how much weight you can put on an axle to travel on the road

Thanks lough,any idea how as I don't have a log book ? Im guessing the 8 ton per axle rule like a rigid is about it ?

Back