IMG_0082.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 418
I reckon if he had given her a bit more welly he would have gotten her out :001_smile:. What crop went into that black soil and is it high in lime ?

Kale with the thought of reseeding grass about now, but the kale is to good to plough down now and is bng grazed now. The soil is alkaline that white grey marl under it.

Kale with the thought of reseeding grass about now, but the kale is to good to plough down now and is bng grazed now. The soil is alkaline that white grey marl under it.

Why plough deep and bring the marl to the surface???

In some of our black spots I mix the marl in with the black stuff with the digger it gives it structure . We have ploughed up snail shells increases the PH which is not what you want . Some of that black soil north of Athy is very productive if it gets the right trace elephants .

In some of our black spots I mix the marl in with the black stuff with the digger it gives it structure . We have ploughed up snail shells increases the PH which is not what you want . Some of that black soil north of Athy is very productive if it gets the right trace elephants .

At that craic here, ploughing deep to add structure to the dark soil. Leaves the soil hungry for a few years admittedly but it does add natural drainage to the otherwise sticky dead soil.

Posted from the Ham Bone using Crapatalk 2

Auto correct??:D

I did not go that deep just enough to turn the sod over, when I am ploughing in the remains or the kale I will dro the wheel 3 inches or so

Back