Vw Passat

Danube

I was looking into buying a 2009-2010 Passat. 2ltr diesel. Wouldn't bother me if it was an estate or saloon. Anyone running one or can tell me what they are like? Tia

I was looking into buying a 2009-2010 Passat. 2ltr diesel. Wouldn't bother me if it was an estate or saloon. Anyone running one or can tell me what they are like? Tia
yes.. an 07.. main stealer even carries them in stock they go in a lot of those passat models it seems

fec&in madness...

off topic i appreciate but for info..
othr things that have gone in it were

4 injectors
handbrake release button
fuel pump
and
steering/column lock/fey fob thingy..

the passat used to be a brilliant car.. the B5s were great

:no::angry::angry::angry:

I fell that is the case too...
Bought new "redeye" 110 BHP Passat in 1998.. drove it to 200k .by the time it left our yard. .last I heard of it the polish lad that bought it off me took it back home.. fantastic car the best

Then had a 00 90bhp Passat ...again had it to nearly 220k.. enforce it left our possession... again great tight car

then bought a 1 yr old 2007 Passat 2.0 140bhp .great spec auto leather etc..BUT .. goD that cost some money to keep on the road.. got rid of it this year and probably willl never buy VW AGAIN.
here are some of the things that went wrong with it APART from scheduled maintenance.
- Injector car left me stranded in tarmonbarry
- another injector ..broke down in Dublin
- another injector went at a later stage.
Hand brake motors (both) must check but that time the car including service cost €2100 to fix
Steering colum lock ...
Steering column lock went a second time last year...got rode that time through incompetence and cost €1700 to get car back going ...
Fuel pump...
Handbrake switch...
Oh yes and the. Famous oil pump issue... car was being serviced by main ðealer who never said anything about the oil pump key way wearing... local good mechanic told me about it and their being an upgrade kit... I went for it luckily as when we took out the key way it was well worn... can't remember what that cost but I think about €650 but not sure if that included Indy labour.
Probably other items but can think of them... and ironically that car was well minded all the sat through...

A ferocious amount of components to fail across 160.000 miles.

I worked out one time the car had cost me about 7k in fixing broken stuff excluding maintenance...shocking really...it's gone now but god a great car when it wasn't broken down...but that's no good when you need reliability or low cost motoring
I’ve posted about a previous 07 I had before. Moved on from passat after that last 07 one.

We had an 06 passat Estate for the last 13 years. It had big milage on it when we bought it. Over the years it had flywheel done , wheel bearings a few springs and shocks. Never any engine or gearbox problems.
Body got a bit rough with spots of rust and a few scrapes.
Sold it on Monday with 480,000 km no tax but a few months test dumb deal €1000

I have a 04 1.9 TDI Passat myself bought it very fresh back in the day.... Will I ever sell it... Probably not. 200k miles and all of the original running gear clutch etc.
The wife has a 15 B8 Passat 1.6 TDI the last 3 years.... And genuinely it has been faultless I service all my own cars regularly and I think it's the life of any car, 5 LTS of oil and a filter every year won't break the bank.
The 2.0 TDI engines weren't VW's finest moment, I would say if you were going with the B6 or B7 stick with the 1.9 TDI, and as with any used car it all depends on how it was looked after, FSH is a must.

I’ve posted about a previous 07 I had before. Moved on from passat after that last 07 one.
Thanks for that. A great lot of information there. I was warned off the Passats around 07 or so. 2009-10 are seemingly better.

We had an 06 passat Estate for the last 13 years. It had big milage on it when we bought it. Over the years it had flywheel done , wheel bearings a few springs and shocks. Never any engine or gearbox problems.
Body got a bit rough with spots of rust and a few scrapes.
Sold it on Monday with 480,000 km no tax but a few months test dumb deal €1000
You got great service out of that machine. I'm looking for something to hopefully do me for the year.

I have a 04 1.9 TDI Passat myself bought it very fresh back in the day.... Will I ever sell it... Probably not. 200k miles and all of the original running gear clutch etc.
The wife has a 15 B8 Passat 1.6 TDI the last 3 years.... And genuinely it has been faultless I service all my own cars regularly and I think it's the life of any car, 5 LTS of oil and a filter every year won't break the bank.
The 2.0 TDI engines weren't VW's finest moment, I would say if you were going with the B6 or B7 stick with the 1.9 TDI, and as with any used car it all depends on how it was looked after, FSH is a must.

After seeing how unreliable my father's 1.6Tdi Caddy has been I don't think I could bring myself to buy a 1.6. In saying that my sister had a 2015 golf for 2 years and it was grand. I was hoping to move up in the years for the cheaper tax. My cousin has a 2008 1.9tdi golf and he had to put a new engine in it. Although it has been perfect since. I very much agree about the routine servicing. It's the life of an engine.

Back