Wanted: GPS

Bid them a bit less as it is old tech at this stage but should do guidance and they could be linked to a steering wheel motor

Does anybody rent these out? Would people even be interested in that option do you think? Young lad here was considering it as a side-line business. My own view is most people would quickly end up buying one anyway.

Does anybody rent these out? Would people even be interested in that option do you think? Young lad here was considering it as a side-line business. My own view is most people would quickly end up buying one anyway.

How would you determine a charge, by day or by week?

I dont think a hiring business would be too sustainable either as all will be wanting them in the same short period.

Back to bk1991's post, CleverAgri had ones on DD for 1450 in the last few days. Think they were Teejet but I know nothing about the good, bad or indifferent at this stage.

How would you determine a charge, by day or by week?

I dont think a hiring business would be too sustainable either as all will be wanting them in the same short period.

Back to bk1991's post, CleverAgri had ones on DD for 1450 in the last few days. Think they were Teejet but I know nothing about the good, bad or indifferent at this stage.
Theres good bit of machinery poping up on dd for hire lately up my way. One crowd very expensive.

I will look them up

He was thinking something like €40 a day or €120 for a week for entry level Trimble topcon. You’d probably be doing well to get 8-10 weeks in the year hired out.

What's an entry level Trimble costing new?

How long does it take to install in a tractor?

Hard to see him making money at 120 a week

A 250 was about 1500 +vat.
If you could trust a good quality suction cup and a magnetic antenna provided tractor had a decent cig or d plug just a few minutes.

He was thinking something like €40 a day or €120 for a week for entry level Trimble topcon. You’d probably be doing well to get 8-10 weeks in the year hired out.
I'm not in the hire business, well I kinda am but I go with it..
giving an expensive bit of kit to a farmer something id be concerned with tbh, some lads would be grand but some would not,
As a man said to me once, "it's easy knowing he wasn't standing at the counter when that was being paid for".
What if they break any part of 'it..., you'd want the legal end well tuned at the least so everyone knows where they stand.

There's a bit of setting up on one, measurements and such, perhaps that could be one setting but umm, I wouldn't like to, its precision kit after all.
perhaps you'd need to go with it to set it up for a farmer, now there's an extra cost, will they want to pay for that, and if he wants to do two jobs with it then it needs to be set according to the machine and width, more measuring..

Maybe your man is happy to do that but €40 a day might be grand for it itself but what about the extra hassle involved.
Farmer wants to pay by cheque or transfer, that's a paper trail, accounts will have to be filed, tax might have to be paid, and so on.
I'm not raining on the parade but things like that would have to be taken into account before you'd go hiring a few.

Hiring entry level GPS unlikely to work.
I had to fit steel plates on my three tractors to attach the antenna which isn't simple on a plastic roof.
Also there is a bit of getting used to in operating them.
The hirer would be on the phone a lot with problems

Yes it’s not simple, to be fair this lad is eager to find a wee side line to his college work. I have to balance too many negatives at a time 😀😀.
There is a local lad hires machinery to farmers and an hour or two with him I’d say might be time well spent!!

Plus you are looking for a free satellite signal, that will give vague correction, if you want more accuracy it's a subscription.

800€ New patchwork is working out at 1400€ inc vat as far as i remember. I’m not gone on the antrak one it just doesn’t seam as good having the light bar on bonnet .
Reason I asked is there are some real tempters out there from the likes of fieldbee or fj dynamics
Autosteer rtk sub 5k

The mm accuracy stuff is different ball game your into auto-steer then not really a quick install/hire opportunity.

The patch antenna could be sticky pad for a short term Install or the original 250 used only an internal antenna. The question is whether the growing interest in gps creates a short term opportunity for lads that want to try it at 10cm accuracy. 2 friends locally have tried mine and 1 has gone on to buy his own and second is on lookout for a second hand one.

A 250 was about 1500 +vat.
If you could trust a good quality suction cup and a magnetic antenna provided tractor had a decent cig or d plug just a few minutes.
Yesh they must harvest gone up a fair bit, our 250 came at €1000+, now maybe we were getting a good deal on it as it was being bought along with the tractor but I still didn’t think they were that 😳😳

Also on the hiring the biggest issue I’d see is a lad has it, then either doesn’t land it back or else someone else sees it and heads on with it and your money the wiser…

The open source agopengps will run on a Windows tablet or pc, takes a nice bit of reading to get the understanding of the setup but I have sub 2cm rtk autosteer with my own base station and no subscription charge for less than 2000, would be a bit cheaper just as a simple light bar but it's not a system to get and instantly setup, takes a good bit of time to get right.

Back