Weidemann vs Kramer

granagh girl

Looking at new small telescopic machines for bedding pens, etc. Both Weidemann and Kramer make suitable models. Anyone out there got experience of either. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Rigid telehandler? When you say small, what lift capacity and height do you need?

Weidemann are all articulated loaders I think. Kramer exclusively rigid chassis.

On the small wheel loaders yes they are different. Weidemann is a pivot and Kramer has four-wheel steer.

With the side boom machines I think they are very similar if not the same machine.

On the small wheel loaders yes they are different. Weidemann is a pivot and Kramer has four-wheel steer.

With the side boom machines I think they are very similar if not the same machine.
Never even thought on the side boom models. Liked the kramer one when I sat in one once. For a side boom machine of course. Still rather have the jcb 411

Drainage contractor was using my small Kramer 4 wheel-steer centre boom one day to fill stones into stoner. He happened to comment that it was a lot steadier and not as "scary" to use as the Artic-steer he drove at my neighbour's doing the same job a few days earlier.

Drainage contractor was using my small Kramer 4 wheel-steer centre boom one day to fill stones into stoner. He happened to comment that it was a lot steadier and not as "scary" to use as the Artic-steer he drove at my neighbour's doing the same job a few days earlier.
I know of only one Kramer and the lads on that farm said it felt unstable to drive. But they were side boom fans, so probably felt very high up for them.

The Kramer telescopic boom loaders are worth a serious look at I'd say, supposedly much more manoeuvrable than a pivot steer.

Avoid the Kramer’s with wheel motors in the hub,other than that both the weidemann and Kramer share engines and pumps etc
Both well made machines,it’s basically down to personal preference.

Thanks for all those useful replies everyone. I wasn't aware that they were all the same group. Must check out the Wacker Neuson. I'm having a Kramer 12.5 on demo this weekend so should be better informed after that.

Thanks for all those useful replies everyone. I wasn't aware that they were all the same group. Must check out the Wacker Neuson. I'm having a Kramer 12.5 on demo this weekend so should be better informed after that.
The 12.5 has the pile of shit wheel motors,after 8000hrs of trouble with wheel motors I won’t ever buy a machine with them again.
The 18.5 would be the one to have,the equivalent weidemann would be a 1390,I see they’ve moved from Perkins to Yanmar engines now.

The 12.5 has the pile of shit wheel motors,after 8000hrs of trouble with wheel motors I won’t ever buy a machine with them again.
The 18.5 would be the one to have,the equivalent weidemann would be a 1390,I see they’ve moved from Perkins to Yanmar engines now.
Yes they all seem to have Yanmar engines. We have had them in mini diggers with no issues. Have the Kramer 12.5 for the weekend but already proves to be too small for our job. It's not telescopic and can't reach the top of the diet feeder. Also dancing a jig with a bale of silage on the forks. Not for me.

Yes they all seem to have Yanmar engines. We have had them in mini diggers with no issues. Have the Kramer 12.5 for the weekend but already proves to be too small for our job. It's not telescopic and can't reach the top of the diet feeder. Also dancing a jig with a bale of silage on the forks. Not for me.
The little Perkins in my Weidemann has been better than the kohler and Deutz engines I had in my last JCB machines,only have the one yanmar here and it’s been fine.

Back