Welding Squares

lough

Is there any other companies that make anything like these http://fireballeu.com/

images

images

You can get magnetic welding squares like these in various sizes

CT0636_b__57251.1582366622.jpg

I have one and probably only used it twice and the second time was to give it a second chance:smile: The magnet isn't great in them. What I like about the fireball ones is you can clamp stuff to them and hold it firm but they are not cheap, I was wondering it there was any other options.

There only so so!

I have one and probably only used it twice and the second time was to give it a second chance:smile: The magnet isn't great in them. What I like about the fireball ones is you can clamp stuff to them and hold it firm but they are not cheap, I was wondering it there was any other options.

Have a urko brand one here. Its 8 inch. Great strong magnet in it.

There only so so!

it really depends on the brand, I’ve a few Lidl ones and they’ll just about hold something if it’s lying flat, on the other hand I’ve 2 teng ones, the smaller one is better than the Lidl one and the bigger one (the same size as the Lidl one) can lift a 300mmx300mmx20mm plate off the table

Ye should watch some of the fireball tool YouTube videos, these things are in a different league to magnetic squares

I'd love a set and if I was a fabricator I'd have a set in a flash, but they ain't cheap.

If you took your time you could make similar or I think I've seen laser cut kits on Ebay

Ye should watch some of the fireball tool YouTube videos, these things are in a different league to magnetic squares

I'd love a set and if I was a fabricator I'd have a set in a flash, but they ain't cheap.

If you took your time you could make similar or I think I've seen laser cut kits on Ebay

just looked up ebay these don’t nt look too bad

Attachments

• 9E75D863-7AAA-4592-BBF2-DD5F21BF4A52.png
    9E75D863-7AAA-4592-BBF2-DD5F21BF4A52.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • 92912082-B2FD-438E-B77B-BB7E3C8BF90C.png
    92912082-B2FD-438E-B77B-BB7E3C8BF90C.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
Is there any other companies that make anything like these http://fireballeu.com/

images

images
Only issue I see with an expensive item like this is that you will be always overly cautious working with and around it in case you cause any damage to it. It is inevitable with welding that it will get suffer sooner rather than later

What`s your opinion on them .
I used the triangular shaped one first to set up one side and then i used the square type one on the other side and found it suited the job better, each one probably has their benefits in different situations.
The wee tabs on the side is what makes them, you would probably need a good selection of different shapes and sizes of clamp to get the best out of them.
They seem to be a good job so far

What`s your opinion on them .

I used the triangular shaped one first to set up one side and then i used the square type one on the other side and found it suited the job better, each one probably has their benefits in different situations.
The wee tabs on the side is what makes them, you would probably need a good selection of different shapes and sizes of clamp to get the best out of them.
They seem to be a good job so far

I was using them again tonight, I won't be sending them back :thumbup1:

@JohnBoy I know you would love these,:innocent: there is 25% of at the minute with Blackfriday, you don't have to buy a set, a single one will do a lot. I would recommend the 8" Monster Square over the Mega Square.

@JohnBoy I know you would love these,:innocent: there is 25% of at the minute with Blackfriday, you don't have to buy a set, a single one will do a lot. I would recommend the 8" Monster Square over the Mega Square.
Bought one of the minion packages in cast iron,look to be a great job,have a two or three magnets but don’t like them and several squares but i like the idea of those clamps.

Back