Welger rp 220 profi netting advice

Jimmyboy

just bought a welger roller baler, the net sometimes doesn't cover to the edge of the bale but sometimes does. The tension brake is set so that the net roll can be turned with a small amount of friction when arm is held up with the R pin, I've replaced the insulation (no.33 in picture) and there is a bend in the shaft it goes onto, the bend is pointing towards the 2 net feed rollers.
Is there something I can tinker with to make it work right every time? The machine has been sitting for a long time outside but all bearings r good, bailed 20 straw bales the other day as a test and will bale a lot more when the weather in Grampian region has got better ☔️
Thanks in advance for any advice on how to make a tidy bale every time

Attachments

• IMG_3368.PNG
    IMG_3368.PNG
    203.1 KB · Views: 24
just bought a welger roller baler, the net sometimes doesn't cover to the edge of the bale but sometimes does. The tension brake is set so that the net roll can be turned with a small amount of friction when arm is held up with the R pin, I've replaced the insulation (no.33 in picture) and there is a bend in the shaft it goes onto, the bend is pointing towards the 2 net feed rollers.
Is there something I can tinker with to make it work right every time? The machine has been sitting for a long time outside but all bearings r good, bailed 20 straw bales the other day as a test and will bale a lot more when the weather in Grampian region has got better ☔️
Thanks in advance for any advice on how to make a tidy bale every time
I know its supposed to be wrong but I got my foam roller bent the other way (hump up). There's been this problem on here before so others might have different advice.

Net brake should release between 12 and 1 o'clock. Sounds weird but try put roll in backward . Also make sure rubber strips are all there. Also make sure rubber drive roller is not swollen at ends

i find if you let the tension off between the rubber roller and the aluminium roller it helps go edge to edge..

I've never touched the rollers on any Welger that was here . Net brake unit is the big culprit for limiting edge to edge I reckon. Too tight or too loose and it will affect the width of the net going on to a bale . A poor net knife won't help either. Changed the knife on the one I drive and netting improved greatly . Using al farmers net here and goes edge to edge most of the time . But some rolls of net will stop doing edge to edge half way through the roll .

Anyone have any advice on getting volac net to go edge to edge. Have always used co op source net but bought a roll of volac net to try it out. I've never had any trouble with the co op source net not going edge to edge. When I changed the roll today there was small ears on both sides of the bales after the volac net. Is it just a case of adjustment the net break and putting more tension on it to try solve the problem as there is probably a difference in the weight of both rolls.

Back