WEO hydraulic couplings.

tinman

Very Senior Member
WEO Couplings

they seem to becoming a mainstream coupling for some manafacturers, altho, i havnt met too many people to say good words about them.
but im speaking more from the Quicke use of them.
any views on them?

Feb 9, 2010
weo_090210.jpg
The WEO plug-in is a new type of coupling that are self locking, thus negating the need for spanners and torque wrenches to connect or disconnect them. This makes it easier to build more compact and reliable hydraulic systems and design, particularly in applications where space is often very limited. Quick and easy to connect and disconnect, the Weo plug-in swivels freely which eliminates the stresses that can arise during installation and therefore extend the life of the hose. The Weo coupling is now fitted by leading original equipment manufacturers benefiting from its quick and easy connect and disconnect feature.

The Weo plug-in coupling has been tested by the Swedish Institute of Materials Testing and Research to SS-ISO 8032, half Omega test. The working pressure for all couplings between 1/4" and 3/4" is 350 bar, while 1" couplings are rated at 250 bar. A safety factor of at least 4:1 between burst pressure and working pressure applies to all sizes.

Temperature range -30ºC to +100ºC (short exposure +120ºC)
Applications: Palfinger Cranes, Komatsu earth moving equipment (servo hoses), Quickie Loaders

147100403_090210.jpg
148170404_090210.jpg
147120404_090210.jpg
147140404_090210.jpg

so thats what they are called. first time i came across them on the cross member on the quicke valve block there was a serious amount of backside scratching wondering how to get the fitting out, somehow I manage to fook the first on and finished up cutting a thread on the lathe:no:, why o why have quicke decided to put single wire piping on the crowd/tilt and 3rd service is unknown. have 6 blow outs on my loader in 4k hrs:scared: no problems with the fittings themselves. who are the suppliers of the fittings

so thats what they are called. first time i came across them on the cross member on the quicke valve block there was a serious amount of backside scratching wondering how to get the fitting out, somehow I manage to fook the first on and finished up cutting a thread on the lathe:no:, why o why have quicke decided to put single wire piping on the crowd/tilt and 3rd service is unknown. have 6 blow outs on my loader in 4k hrs:scared: no problems with the fittings themselves. who are the suppliers of the fittings

there is a link here

Click on suppliers details, and there is a reply form, Hope that helps:001_unsure:

kramp are supplying them here now.

manufacturers are using them mostly for confined places.
we will see how they go.
seems the fitting works ok, but the single wire hose dont sound great.

Back