What are you up to in the workshop?

Been getting these axles ready recently, must say commercial wearing parts are a lot cheaper than ag stuff! Had a moment where I thought the wheels wouldn't fit so thought i'd better try one. :sweat:
View attachment 72852 View attachment 72853

fine job! What’s the plan for them. Did you buy the spring kit for the axle? Expensive?

asking as thinking of making a tipping trailer next and wondering weld up solid or springs

fine job! What’s the plan for them. Did you buy the spring kit for the axle? Expensive?

asking as thinking of making a tipping trailer next and wondering weld up solid or springs
Going to put them under the low loader/bale trailer here, want to lengthen the bed on it and change it from a tilt bed to hydraulic beaver tale. Its on 8 stud with smallish brakes at the moment so stopping shouldn't be a problem now! The spring kit was near £800 if I remember right, that's rated at 24 ton which is way over what's needed tbh, but thought it better that way than too light. Think a 16 ton kit is £600 ish, the axles were £180 each and a 445/19.5 part worn tyre with a new wheel was £195 each.

Going to put them under the low loader/bale trailer here, want to lengthen the bed on it and change it from a tilt bed to hydraulic beaver tale. Its on 8 stud with smallish brakes at the moment so stopping shouldn't be a problem now! The spring kit was near £800 if I remember right, that's rated at 24 ton which is way over what's needed tbh, but thought it better that way than too light. Think a 16 ton kit is £600 ish, the axles were £180 each and a 445/19.5 part worn tyre with a new wheel was £195 each.

Did you buy the wheels off a dealer, dont seem dear at that price?

thanks, looks a fine set up.

Are they a low loader axles ? Them 19.5’s look a nice low wheel compared to the 22.5
No they're standard 10 stud, 420x180 brakes, took a bit of finding as ones that have super singles fitted are wider in the track, these had twin wheels on.

Twin 17.5’s or 19.5’s they look a nice set up looking forward to seeing the rest of the project

No they're standard 10 stud, 420x180 brakes, took a bit of finding as ones that have super singles fitted are wider in the track, these had twin wheels on.

Progress so far.......................
IMG_1690.JPG IMG_1692.JPG
Fitted the wheels tonight, kinda over looked one thing when I ordered the suspension kit and that was the axle centres (distance between wheels). Never thought but it would be designed with 22.5's in mind, would of liked them 100mm closer together ideally, probably doesn't matter other than looks though! Got height and width right so that's something.
IMG_1693.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG

View attachment 73040 View attachment 73041
Fitted the wheels tonight, kinda over looked one thing when I ordered the suspension kit and that was the axle centres (distance between wheels). Never thought but it would be designed with 22.5's in mind, would of liked them 100mm closer together ideally, probably doesn't matter other than looks though! Got height and width right so that's something.
View attachment 73042
View attachment 73043

What’s the bed length?

View attachment 73042
View attachment 73043
I wouldn't fault it on the bigger axle spacing.
I'd sooner have it that way, runs better and will turn shorter, imo.

I wouldn't fault it on the bigger axle spacing.
I'd sooner have it that way, runs better and will turn shorter, imo.
I suppose, its only a looks thing really anyway. Might put a mudguard down between to fill the gap, probably wouldn't notice it then.

View attachment 73042
View attachment 73043

looking good what way are you planing on putting the floor supports on etc or are you putting your existing trailer on top? Will there be much travel up and down on them springs ?

looking good what way are you planing on putting the floor supports on etc or are you putting your existing trailer on top? Will there be much travel up and down on them springs ?
Yeah going to use the existing bed, there’s 100x50 channels under it. Will be about 100 mm of travel allowed on the springs, although it probably won’t all be used. Bed height is supposed to be 1020mm when done.

Yeah going to use the existing bed, there’s 100x50 channels under it. Will be about 100 mm of travel allowed on the springs, although it probably won’t all be used. Bed height is supposed to be 1020mm when done.

As as always serious tidy work, I was contemplating doin a bale trailer before and taught it would be complicated so far your set up looks very neat. Can’t wait to see the rest of the project.

The Bogballe bag lifter is a fine lump of a crane but unlike the last bag lifter it doesn’t have its own spool block.
This could be for safety reasons but it’s a bit of a pain getting in and out of the cab.

I put a new spool block on it today. All it needs now is a couple of new hoses and fittings. Most of the existing hoses will be kept in use.

A4AB4C97-AB8D-4FF0-8F74-1DE5BA61B749.jpeg 593761E6-E9A7-4686-B831-7046A737464A.jpeg 33C6D9FD-DE9D-4A86-BC2E-B88410B491AD.jpeg 56B6BE93-B446-4E88-9A26-C3261AC3C1DF.jpeg E4DEC7C1-F723-47FC-805D-A661592074A8.jpeg

The Bogballe bag lifter is a fine lump of a crane but unlike the last bag lifter it doesn’t have its own spool block.
This could be for safety reasons but it’s a bit of a pain getting in and out of the cab.

I put a new spool block on it today. All it needs now is a couple of new hoses and fittings. Most of the existing hoses will be kept
Does the fendt not come with remote control spools :Thumbp2:

Back