What are you up to in the workshop?

New water pump landed this evening came with paper gasket . No reason I can’t use a tube of gasket instead. Not mad on the paper will leak before it seals .

Papery paper or the slightly stiffer stuff? With the latter I often put a bit of shellac on the pump just for convenience to hold it in place during assembly. Might not be the 100% correct way to do it but I haven't had one leak yet.

Edit: Always use a torque wrench too. Maybe my run of luck has more to do with that....

Last edited:
what Kind of a hydraulic motor would I put on my beet chopper for working on farm master loader. Pto driven at the moment but would be better on loader.

what Kind of a hydraulic motor would I put on my beet chopper for working on farm master loader. Pto driven at the moment but would be better on loader.

Most agri factors should be able to tell you what size motor. I think they are specced by their Cubic Capacity, as in cc.
I have an old Abbey chopper , hyd motor drive. New motor 2 years ago .
Great job on front loader.

Most agri factors should be able to tell you what size motor. I think they are specced by their Cubic Capacity, as in cc.
I have an old Abbey chopper , hyd motor drive. New motor 2 years ago .
Great job on front loader.

Cheers.
Getting near the beet time.

Cheers.
Getting near the beet time.

Its not near me at the minute , to give you sprocket teeth numbers , and details on the plate on the pump.

I don't sow beet. When silage was scarce after the drought in 18 , it was easy to get beet . I used a fair bit. Super stuff for growing weanlings or milking cows , I found .

The cone is more or less fell apart in it .
A lad a couple of miles away got his Abbey converted to an auger .

Its not near me at the minute , to give you sprocket teeth numbers , and details on the plate on the pump.

I don't sow beet. When silage was scarce after the drought in 18 , it was easy to get beet . I used a fair bit. Super stuff for growing weanlings or milking cows , I found .

The cone is more or less fell apart in it .
A lad a couple of miles away got his Abbey converted to an auger .

Always sowed beet here but fed very little ourselves. Wash and sell it all bar a few tonnes. It’s great stuff when fed right. Our yoke is older than I am but in good nick. Would work it for feeding meal to if on the loader.

Always sowed beet here but fed very little ourselves. Wash and sell it all bar a few tonnes. It’s great stuff when fed right. Our yoke is older than I am but in good nick. Would work it for feeding meal to if on the loader.

You need to put in a plate and some other modifications if using it for meal as far as I know.

Replacing the floor in the trailer. Put a lick of paint on the top of the chassis while it was out. A few spots were a small bit brown so figured why not when it was apart

Quick question. The folded angle strip across the back.... does that go on top of the floor or underneath it?

Attachments

• 20200927_185526.jpg
    20200927_185526.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 87
It will read 1 bar if faulty . Ground the wire of the sensor and it should drive the bars on the dash up. That will tell you the dash is ok. Prob a sensor a they do give bother.
Replaced the temperature sender and that fixed the problem, at 3 bars now when warmed up, tricky job to replace it, the 6410 has the alternator on top of the engine so I had to take it off the even see the sender, awkward to get at!

Is there a special tool for opening these? The damned thing won't stir with a flat screwdriver. 20201003_172943[1].jpg
It's not a normal nut on the other side and I don't want to use the grinder because of the galvanise.

Is there a special tool for opening these? The damned thing won't stir with a flat screwdriver. View attachment 82909
It's not a normal nut on the other side and I don't want to use the grinder because of the galvanise.
Blunt chisel and a vice grips might unscrew it? Or even just a small strip of flat steel and vice grips

Necessity is the mother of invention.
Is it 40 k ?

A swinging drawbar ? Off a Ford 3000 ?
Id say it hit over 100k while on the trailer...
Its a thing of beauty of course, souped up in every way possible. David Brown would have patented that handle steering.

Back