What are you up to in the workshop?

Yeah it is . It`s a plasma part cut 50 that i have .Now that`s only 3mm thick . Have this kit for cutting circles
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113731613309 .
Make`s cutting them a doddle
I’ve a clamp on point for the oxy/propane torch for circling,also have a free standing 4” post that you place the steel onto,you then can walk round as you cut.👍

IMG_0354.jpgIMG_0358.jpg
I would have survived this week just nicely without going near the welder but with grass getting scarce the cows need more silage and 7.5m head rails are not easily bought off the shelf. Obviously dipping would have been a better option but the paint hardly had time to dry before the cows were eating through it.

I made one for the mobile crush. Had it on a rail over head and there was a roller that had a few locations. I think that adjustment is needed for different size animals. Prob best to stay away from the crush rails, they will bend at some point.

I'm going making a leg hoist for hoof trimming in the crush here, what would be a good distance to put the winch from the head gate ?
I’ll measure one of mine.👍
As posted it wants to be mounted solid, to stop a cow kicking back you want to winch the leg up against a chain or strap,I used an old seat belt across for years.
Only thing I’d be bothered about in a race is the cow going down while trimming,ok if your doing a few now and again though.

I’ll measure one of mine.👍
As posted it wants to be mounted solid, to stop a cow kicking back you want to winch the leg up against a chain or strap,I used an old seat belt across for years.
Only thing I’d be bothered about in a race is the cow going down while trimming,ok if your doing a few now and again though.
Great, ya its only for occasional use.

I'm going making a leg hoist for hoof trimming in the crush here, what would be a good distance to put the winch from the head gate ?
On my Bateman crush it’s 79”,this crush will take a bull off 1200kg of such.
The dp hydraulic trimming crush 64” ,I use this mostly daily,takes cows averaging 850kg no problem.
The Wopa trimming crush 68” ,don’t use it anymore (need to sell it) very low! Big cows hit the top,850kg max cow size really.

To everyone with a workshop. Local trucking outfit, maybe 20 trucks nothing flash, middle of the road gear. Anyways good yard in a good location. Good big shed/workshop offices and some accommodation. Just doing their own repairs/ maintenance . Always busy at the weekends. Yesterday morning (Saturday) major fire , building standing but damage looks extensive .
Reported to have started by welding on a truck.
Check your extinguisher's hoses and maybe review insurance policy.

To everyone with a workshop. Local trucking outfit, maybe 20 trucks nothing flash, middle of the road gear. Anyways good yard in a good location. Good big shed/workshop offices and some accommodation. Just doing their own repairs/ maintenance . Always busy at the weekends. Yesterday morning (Saturday) major fire , building standing but damage looks extensive .
Reported to have started by welding on a truck.
Check your extinguisher's hoses and maybe review insurance policy.
Heard about it yesterday but seen a few pictures of inside last night,and passed it only a half hour ago,a sad sight,
We all cant be careful enough

Lads wiring up a solenoid on a hydraulic circuit. Power off oil goes to first ram working fine . Power the solenoid and first ram stops but second doesn’t move . Now second circuit is a motor. No pressure comes in to either hose running to motor . It’s a new solenoid . Any ideas ?

Lads wiring up a solenoid on a hydraulic circuit. Power off oil goes to first ram working fine . Power the solenoid and first ram stops but second doesn’t move . Now second circuit is a motor. No pressure comes in to either hose running to motor . It’s a new solenoid . Any ideas ?
A 6 way diverter?? Do a pic or diagram.

A 6 way diverter?? Do a pic or diagram.
Ya 6 way diverter Identical to one below . Have power and earth wired in to one and 2 . Have 3rd pin empty .

s-l500.png

s-l1600.png

Back