What are you up to in the workshop?

Bought a pair of pallet forks in an online auction on Saturday,same dimensions as Jcb forks but the bush is 45mm not 50mm,I’m either going to have to bore the bush out weld a new bush on,a new 50mm broach is £66.

Bought a pair of pallet forks in an online auction on Saturday,same dimensions as Jcb forks but the bush is 45mm not 50mm,I’m either going to have to bore the bush out weld a new bush on,a new 50mm broach is £66.
Comes down to time then
Which will take the less time?

Plus you get a shiny new broach in one option!👍👍
Tell the missus you bought her an expensive broach!

Why did David Brown make it so bloody awkward to change the power steering filter, remove steel pipes to steering pump and fuel pump and remove fuel pump altogether. No wonder the filters were rarely changed in them.
20220531_095424.jpg

umm, not good, your not the first tho..
is that a Chinese branded tool and insert?.
I have a iscar or sandvik grooving bar, cant rem now, but its on the slightly larger side, I must measure it to see whats the smallest diameter it needs but I know I have a job to do that requires a groove in a smallish bore and im not sure it would do.
I had high hopes for your one..
The concept would work, just the eastern stuff is sh1te most of the time, however, in a big brand tool that wee bar is going to be an eye watering price.

umm, not good, your not the first tho..
is that a Chinese branded tool and insert?.
I have a iscar or sandvik grooving bar, cant rem now, but its on the slightly larger side, I must measure it to see whats the smallest diameter it needs but I know I have a job to do that requires a groove in a smallish bore and im not sure it would do.
I had high hopes for your one..
The concept would work, just the eastern stuff is sh1te most of the time, however, in a big brand tool that wee bar is going to be an eye watering price.
Made in Turkey
Bits i been getting lately are from cutwell
This wasn't cheap
This 1 needs a 16mm hole
Probably just me ,brother said go slow,obviously not slow enough
Only thing I noticed is the flat mount on the round bar is a long way in so can't stop any chatter

Once you're on or above 50mm in a broach they get dear..
I've an 80mm TCT one here, I nearly had to take out a small mortgage on it.

This is about as good as it gets but its a bit of a saving, I have alpha ones here and they are good.
Also, buy the long series, the short ones are useless altho i see a short one for £50 on the bay but it will always be what it is, short...

Made in Turkey
Bits i been getting lately are from cutwell
This wasn't cheap
This 1 needs a 16mm hole
Probably just me ,brother said go slow,obviously not slow enough
Only thing I noticed is the flat mount on the round bar is a long way in so can't stop any chatter
Id auto feed the parting off tool but it took years to pluck up the courage to do it in the beginning, I don't pass any heed of it now.
that being said, the catch here is the amount you pay initially, the big brands are very expensive for what a tool of that size is but they can come into their own when it comes to deflection which results in the chatter, of course they will all chatter but it takes more to do it and you can nip off an insert as well.
the type of insert you have there means there is a lot expected of it which when you look at it is optimistic.
is it mild steel your turning.
do you need to be in a big depth, have you any HSS about you.

Id auto feed the parting off tool but it took years to pluck up the courage to do it in the beginning, I don't pass any heed of it now.
that being said, the catch here is the amount you pay initially, the big brands are very expensive for what a tool of that size is but they can come into their own when it comes to deflection which results in the chatter, of course they will all chatter but it takes more to do it and you can nip off an insert as well.
the type of insert you have there means there is a lot expected of it which when you look at it is optimistic.
is it mild steel your turning.
do you need to be in a big depth, have you any HSS about you.
Cutting the groove 4mm deep
Not sure on the steel,was a offcut of oil tank stirrer shaft out of the refinery

Once you're on or above 50mm in a broach they get dear..
I've an 80mm TCT one here, I nearly had to take out a small mortgage on it.

This is about as good as it gets but its a bit of a saving, I have alpha ones here and they are good.
Also, buy the long series, the short ones are useless altho i see a short one for £50 on the bay but it will always be what it is, short...
It’s cheaper than the ones I saw and including vat so it’s not a bad price.

Having a root through my jd 6620 to try and find a constant 12v feed to make an extra 3 pin aux plug for the gps
(Fag lighter isn't constant so not the best)

Came across these two wires behind the radio.
Can't get any voltage to them.
Tried all the fuses that 'might' be things like gps etc but no joy.
They are heavy looking wires.
Any suggestions where to look for what they might be? I think the previous owner had a CB or Two way radio in her.

Having a root through my jd 6620 to try and find a constant 12v feed to make an extra 3 pin aux plug for the gps
(Fag lighter isn't constant so not the best)

Came across these two wires behind the radio.
Can't get any voltage to them.
Tried all the fuses that 'might' be things like gps etc but no joy.
They are heavy looking wires.
Any suggestions where to look for what they might be? I think the previous owner had a CB or Two way radio in her.
No help on the wires you’ve found but would you consider getting one of the heavy duty prewired plugs most dealers have, about 3m of heavy grey cable with 10mm ring terminals on the end and an inline fuse so all you have to do is tuck it in out of the way and bolt it to the battery, job done?

If you wound the screws all the way up could you get a strip of flat up between the bar and the top jaw of the tool holder, might allow you to slide it back in a bit further
I don't know if you can see it but there is a small lump on the underside of the piece

Back