What are you up to in the workshop?

drew

Dont worry, its cracked too..., altho it was badly done imo, its a weak point in them, the tipping frame that is, they cut the gusset under it short imo unless im missing something, it was stopped at a stress point, that's welded up but roughly tbh altho its grand, ill pull it all off in the winter and make a job of it.

The plate on the tipping frame that the turntable bolts to cracked last year so i got 16mm plate and cut the old one out n welded a it in, its not going anywhere now.

Had the dispenser U bolt crack on the last one and I converted it from a 2 U bolt design to a 3 bolt version, that cut that out.
This one has 3 of them.

I'd of moved this one on but a new one is sharp money for what it is and there isnt a pile to go wrong with this one now so it can stay for another while.
Love the concept of the Kuhn HD one but its far too wide, too low as well but I'd get over that.
The little pivot blocks welded on top of the bale damper and kick bar frames could have been done a bit better, an possibly plated up either side easily if they had theft the hangers a little wider but it is what it is. In fairness they do take a lot of going. I bolts I’m fairly certain had been welded up on that one too if I’m not mistaken now that you mention them.

I’m surprised the table bearings never gave up in it, it was often pushed to the limit and pushed up to 50rpm table speed when the pressure was on with 6 layers. Thankfully the alarm for over speed had been adjusted in the box 😂 demo’d a lely one the time they started making them with the electric box on it and I’d to go into the settings after the first bale, couldn’t stick it only turning at 30rpm 😂

Emg12

Never really liked them, there would of been issues with the dispenser on them originally but that's a long time ago now.
They look lighter tbh.
Don't know enough really be be making big comments about them but bought one last year on advice of a contractor and a parts man I'm friendly with.

tinman

Very Senior Member
Don't know enough really be be making big comments about them but bought one last year on advice of a contractor and a parts man I'm friendly with.
They could be better than the Mc Hale for all I know, there's certainly no bad reports about them that I've heard tbh.

KTM 450

Covered the spare knife. I swapped knives halfway through last harvest.
I’ve decided from now on I’m going to do whatever @Bog Man does. I’d hope that it will eventually get me to the Yacht that I have failed to achieve thus far. 😂😂

Attachments

• 4EAEFDFF-F244-4014-83B6-D25ED04252E7.jpeg
    4EAEFDFF-F244-4014-83B6-D25ED04252E7.jpeg
    500 KB · Views: 113
  • 7D010600-7A70-493D-B9EE-6076D13E2E00.jpeg
    7D010600-7A70-493D-B9EE-6076D13E2E00.jpeg
    689.5 KB · Views: 114

Bog Man

I’ve decided from now on I’m going to do whatever @Bog Man does. I’d hope that it will eventually get me to the Yacht that I have failed to achieve thus far. 😂😂
Did you go genuine on the fingers because I bought spurious one time and my heart was broken and so was the end of the knife. I think @no name had the same problem. My spurious were red ones.

KTM 450

I am fairly sure they are genuine John Deere, the letters JD are stamped on them, they were part of the deal on the combine from TFM full set of fingers and full set of sections came when combine was delivered.
Old ones had a fair bit done but not worn out, small few damaged, so will be kept as spares.

no name

Did you go genuine on the fingers because I bought spurious one time and my heart was broken and so was the end of the knife. I think @no name had the same problem. My spurious were red ones.
A set of those red ones came in a box when I bought the combine. Absolutely useless. It wouldn't cut standing barley. The wore out ones were better. Schumacher fingers and sections and nothing else regardless of price now. Pretty sure @KTM 450 that they're Schumacher too even if branded jd.

whichwire

:lol::lol: Ther was a lad in the early eighties here that was famous for all sorts of things like that, one of his best I seen was a davy brown drawing silage with the front axle cogged with a couple of timber wedges & her on 3 wheels.....haven't sunk that far, yet.
It’s been done here 🫣🫣🫣

KTM 450

A set of those red ones came in a box when I bought the combine. Absolutely useless. It wouldn't cut standing barley. The wore out ones were better. Schumacher fingers and sections and nothing else regardless of price now. Pretty sure @KTM 450 that they're Schumacher too even if branded jd.
Ye are spot on there lads, fingers are indeed Schumacher, don’t think sections are. No stamp and box says made in Austria.

Attachments

• 06BB58FE-E956-4779-A0DB-9D58133A9144.jpeg
    06BB58FE-E956-4779-A0DB-9D58133A9144.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 6630200E-A7B9-4350-BBDE-5C6A64A7D0C3.jpeg
    6630200E-A7B9-4350-BBDE-5C6A64A7D0C3.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 51

mfield

Anyone know what those often round, sometimes oval, plastic pieces that are used to take the slop out of the slack side of a chain (roller chain, as in chain and sprocket) are called? or where to get them?

Arthur

Anyone know what those often round, sometimes oval, plastic pieces that are used to take the slop out of the slack side of a chain (roller chain, as in chain and sprocket) are called? or where to get them?
Always called them roller chain tensioner blocks.

Bcl

Nylon chain guide blocks, anyone that sells welger balers would have them