What are you up to in the workshop?

I wonder would he give me a lend of the welding table.

Attachments

• 4E5232FC-B240-46B0-9137-6CF81E5701D6.jpeg
    4E5232FC-B240-46B0-9137-6CF81E5701D6.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 802B85AC-7156-4E5B-B404-C661002CF140.jpeg
    802B85AC-7156-4E5B-B404-C661002CF140.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 119
I'm in a heavy cycle of chickens and eggs. too many jobs going on at once.

Working on the van most of the time but had to pause that to tidy up after getting a hedge beside the house cut at the end of feb. why we never manage to keep it managable I do not know!!

have some other garden jobs that have to be done, it's the time of year for it.

and now the patio job we've been looking to do for 12 months is starting on tuesday which means I need to move some stuff around the yard but my jeep is unwell so I've had a hitch off a ford 2000 under the bench for about 10 years to be modified to fit the 20. so now's the time to finally fit it so I can move the trailers around to make space for the building job.

I have part of a stool hitch that came off the 20. bit of time with the plasma, mig and grinder and the mounting plates of the stool hitch with appropriate holes are now part of the 2000 drawbar.

Not pretty, but will be more than good enough for occasionally moving a trailer around the yard. and the ridiculously long drawbar will give me savage lock when reversing

Attachments

• 20210331_201310.jpg
    20210331_201310.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210331_201304.jpg
    20210331_201304.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 63
Anyone know if the driven top hat on a Class contour disk mower can be taken off without removing the gearbox above??

I know there's a shaft with two Uj's in there. But don't know if it can move far enough away to remove the disk to get at the seals underneath.

Anyone know if the driven top hat on a Class contour disk mower can be taken off without removing the gearbox above??

I know there's a shaft with two Uj's in there. But don't know if it can move far enough away to remove the disk to get at the seals underneath.
Maybe drop the bed a few inches?

Maybe drop the bed a few inches?
That is an option.
Just hoping to get some insight into it before I get ripping appart!

I have a bad tendency to over think the whole situation and make it harder than needs be!😂

That is an option.
Just hoping to get some insight into it before I get ripping appart!

I have a bad tendency to over think the whole situation and make it harder than needs be!😂
Think the UJ shaft will only shorten by a cm or so without removing anything big, only three bolts on the bed on that end so dropping it down should be the easiest option.

Reactions: AYF
I got the catros finished finally there Wednesday, it’s not the prettiest looking one but I know all shafts, bearings, seals, and discs are perfect on it. Note to anyone buying a second hand disc, don’t. And if you do, don’t go opening every bearing to try get it Perfect, just wait for it to fall apart and do it bit by bit

Attachments

• 4ECF7CE3-4645-4983-B20C-124C9C6FBC5A.jpeg
    4ECF7CE3-4645-4983-B20C-124C9C6FBC5A.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 101
I got the catros finished finally there Wednesday, it’s not the prettiest looking one but I know all shafts, bearings, seals, and discs are perfect on it. Note to anyone buying a second hand disc, don’t. And if you do, don’t go opening every bearing to try get it Perfect, just wait for it to fall apart and do it bit by bit
I am tempted to buy one of those under TAMS. Are they good?
If you get a chance throw up a few pics of a field after a run of it.

20210403_110220-01.jpeg

I bought these wing skins at the steam in inishannon 10 or 12 years ago and the wing frames 8-10 years ago.

They finally found their way to the top of the list by a very circular route.

The 20 was getting slow to lift, it lived outside but draining the water out of the back end is becoming less effective, the mayonnaise has become too watery.

I didn't want to do the oil change until I'd built a house for the 20, otherwise the same thing will happen all over again.

The 20 was also pissing oil out of a half shaft seal so no point putting oil in if it would leak out or have to be drained again to fix that.

So I built a shed for it and had to take the wings off to do the axle, needed access for some rotten nuts.

The axle seal was about 3 months ago.

Had a builder we're chasing for months turn up on Wednesday to say he's coming Tuesday.

My jeep is unwell and there's two trailers and a bunch of stuff to be moved before Tuesday morning.

I had a few days off so here we are about to put some top coat on the wings.

Nothing gets done without a reason

I am tempted to buy one of those under TAMS. Are they good?
If you get a chance throw up a few pics of a field after a run of it.
Catros is an excellent harrow especially for finishing and fine tilling.
For a complete job ground would not want to be too hard as they won't dig in quickly. In conditions like now perfect or after a plough or bigger disc.
The catros plus may be a better buy for tougher conditions

Catros is an excellent harrow especially for finishing and fine tilling.
For a complete job ground would not want to be too hard as they won't dig in quickly. In conditions like now perfect or after a plough or bigger disc.
The catros plus may be a better buy for tougher conditions
I must look up the plus for curiosity, don’t think I’ve seen one of those. My ground is in continuous tillage and fairly easily tilled so the basic one should do it too. Thanks

Your s
View attachment 89836

I bought these wing skins at the steam in inishannon 10 or 12 years ago and the wing frames 8-10 years ago.

They finally found their way to the top of the list by a very circular route.

The 20 was getting slow to lift, it lived outside but draining the water out of the back end is becoming less effective, the mayonnaise has become too watery.

I didn't want to do the oil change until I'd built a house for the 20, otherwise the same thing will happen all over again.

The 20 was also pissing oil out of a half shaft seal so no point putting oil in if it would leak out or have to be drained again to fix that.

So I built a shed for it and had to take the wings off to do the axle, needed access for some rotten nuts.

The axle seal was about 3 months ago.

Had a builder we're chasing for months turn up on Wednesday to say he's coming Tuesday.

My jeep is unwell and there's two trailers and a bunch of stuff to be moved before Tuesday morning.

I had a few days off so here we are about to put some top coat on the wings.

Nothing gets done without a reason
Your shed looks an interesting layout, is that a lean to or carport on the left ? Is it all timber construction? A decent shed is on the list of jobs here...

The garage is a steel frame with timber studs and cladding.

The lean to is a straight timber frame off the side of the garage.

I think the timber looks a bit nicer than a steel shed in the back garden but obviously it needs more maintenance with washing and a coat of fence life every year.

Think the UJ shaft will only shorten by a cm or so without removing anything big, only three bolts on the bed on that end so dropping it down should be the easiest option.
If the seal under the top hat has gone, what are the chances the others need doing the same time?
Should I bite the bullet and do a full strip down?

If the seal under the top hat has gone, what are the chances the others need doing the same time?
Should I bite the bullet and do a full strip down?
Top hat seal would be getting worked the hardest but the others are easy enough got at. Might be a bit of wire wrapped around it to cause it to leak. Wouldn’t worry about the others unless the bearing is loose.

Anyone know the name of the washer in the pic . Have to patch up a meal bin and need the washers in the pic . Google is only giving me bonded washers and washers for tec screws

FC27D8A0-A948-4AC5-87D4-5739DD8C58F8.jpeg

Back