What are you up to in the workshop?

Did you try putting a bolt or a threaded into the pin and using it as a pullers. With that and the gas you would shift most of them.
I didn’t maybe I’ll try that on second one. Definitely going to try lifting second one out in place if possible.

I find the hollow cylinder is a gift for the likes of those jobs, You can have it set up and under pressure , heat the pin with the gas and 9/10 it'll pop and allow you to draw it out using the cylinder, a good constant force is hard bet vs sledging the life out of something.
That said you need a decent size of a thread in the pin to do this as anything below m10 is just going to get stretched if its well stuck.

1618234343930.png

I find the hollow cylinder is a gift for the likes of those jobs, You can have it set up and under pressure , heat the pin with the gas and 9/10 it'll pop and allow you to draw it out using the cylinder, a good constant force is hard bet vs sledging the life out of something.
That said you need a decent size of a thread in the pin to do this as anything below m10 is just going to get stretched if its well stuck.

View attachment 90144
In the Volvo manual it shows using an enerpac hollow cylinder to remove them.👍

You don’t by any chance recal what thread it is 😀 save me a 20 minute drive.

Standard coarse treaded bar . I even drilled the end so it fits over the grease nipple . 46 spanner fits on the nut

Attachments

• A14E618F-F5AA-4C95-A81B-79E3CFBA5406.jpeg
    A14E618F-F5AA-4C95-A81B-79E3CFBA5406.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 3E340D95-85B5-4BA6-BF48-91686D8EBAEE.jpeg
    3E340D95-85B5-4BA6-BF48-91686D8EBAEE.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 90
  • FBDEFAB6-2763-418E-BF53-3A27CC6F16D5.jpeg
    FBDEFAB6-2763-418E-BF53-3A27CC6F16D5.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 90
Weighing scales giving bother here. Drifts massively when plugged into clock. Clock on its own just fine. Imagine there's slight damp in the connections and this altering the resistance. Anybody any quickfire ideas to get it working

Weighing scales giving bother here. Drifts massively when plugged into clock. Clock on its own just fine. Imagine there's slight damp in the connections and this altering the resistance. Anybody any quickfire ideas to get it working
faulty cell unfortunately - how many cells?

I would suspect a faulty load cell. Need to disconnect each cell and meter out each one to locate the faulty unit.

What was the problem. ?
Basically we rebuilt the gearbox a month ago due to a host of little niggling problems, one mainly being the f/r synchro being gone. the main cause being someone was in there before us and must have had a few left over parts after they rebuilt it! loads of the plastic thrust washers missing causing all sorts of problems. Anyway after we rebuilt it the synchro kept jumping out of reverse. we now discovered that we forgot a thrust washer on the end of the synchro which allowed to much play thus letting it jump out of gear. will be putting it back together this eve so hopefully all will be well!!🤞🤞

Make sure there's no grub screw on the end of the rod before you unscrew it. I ruined one off a 3cx when I was younger, big stylson long pipe. Screwed off the end and ruined the threads

Make sure there's no grub screw on the end of the rod before you unscrew it. I ruined one off a 3cx when I was younger, big stylson long pipe. Screwed off the end and ruined the threads
No there was a split pin alright still needed the big wrench.

Back