What are you up to in the workshop?

What are you filling the trailer with? Would a weighing system on the loader be an option?
Just rolled grain going to a neighbour.
But was also thinking for at harvest , just to get accurate tonnages from each field.
At the moment an odd trailer is weighed and we just tally up how many trailers in a field etc, works grand but I'd like to be a bit more accurate for figuring out whether slightly different chemical rates worked better/worse etc

Just rolled grain going to a neighbour.
But was also thinking for at harvest , just to get accurate tonnages from each field.
At the moment an odd trailer is weighed and we just tally up how many trailers in a field etc, works grand but I'd like to be a bit more accurate for figuring out whether slightly different chemical rates worked better/worse etc
Douglas Kidd is the man to talk to

Thanks I was interested to see these but not for me I installed a small single axle weigh bridge. That might work for the op though but i suspect not cheap.
How do you get on with the single axle weighbridge? Good job?

How do you get on with the single axle weighbridge? Good job?

There’s a thread hereon it. Had trouble with it last year not enough steel and it deflected . I’ve strengthened it now and need to recalibrate but quick tests so far the error rate is consistent so I’m hopeful!

Reactions: Bcl
If I was to buy a generic replacement for JD Hy Gard oil (hydraulic and trans)
What spec would I be after?
Anyone know?
Here's a pic of the only label I can find on the barrel.
Screenshot_20210611-105231_Gallery.jpg

Was it @Ozzy Scott or @AYF Who was asking recently about reciprocating saw blades taking abuse?

Cleaning up a bank in the garden, cutting shrubs and small trees and roots with it today. A lot of the cutting against stone or under the soil

I sharpened this blade twice over the day with the grinder and kept on trucking.

Would have been the death of a chainsaw but the blade cost a few euro and is still going

Attachments

• 20210611_141341.jpg
    20210611_141341.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210611_142044.jpg
    20210611_142044.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 65
Was it @Ozzy Scott or @AYF Who was asking recently about reciprocating saw blades taking abuse?

Cleaning up a bank in the garden, cutting shrubs and small trees and roots with it today. A lot of the cutting against stone or under the soil

I sharpened this blade twice over the day with the grinder and kept on trucking.

Would have been the death of a chainsaw but the blade cost a few euro and is still going
looks the job

I’m looking for Shell calithia epto or Esso EHL 484 XC lithium soap grease for my Lely Optimo mower. A bit late to be fixing up my mower, I know , but It’s not exactly been hay making weather here ! Atkins in Cork don’t have it in stock. They may be able to order it in but I was wondering if there were any alternatives. Tia.

I’m looking for Shell calithia epto or Esso EHL 484 XC lithium soap grease for my Lely Optimo mower. A bit late to be fixing up my mower, I know , but It’s not exactly been hay making weather here ! Atkins in Cork don’t have it in stock. They may be able to order it in but I was wondering if there were any alternatives. Tia.
I'd imagine an EP00 liquid grease would be fine.

I've sung their prases a few times alright.
A lot lighter than a chainsaw too!
Not to mention quieter!!

Shell have renamed most of their industrial and agricultural lubricants a couple of times in the last 25 years, many of the old grease names became Shell Alvania xx or Retinax xx and then the name changed again to Gadus xxx
It was very confusing , especially when a machine specified a particular lubricant that suddenly appeared to be no longer available. The same thing happened with Esso branded lubricants, many being replaced with Mobil equivalents...

This is the Shell lubricants distributor for Ireland, their technical support people should be able to tell you what the equivalent grease is in today's range but I would think any good quality semi fluid grease should work fine.

Picked up a 20kva magnate single phase generator of DoneDeal recently. That was changed out from a parlour that was moving to three phase.
Fitted a new frame, sockets, over/under frequency and over/under voltage protection MCBs, rcd and a digital display for voltage and frequency and pto guard.

Attachments

• 0BB1F99B-7987-4A88-84B2-5A26AEEC2F8F.jpeg
    0BB1F99B-7987-4A88-84B2-5A26AEEC2F8F.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 5DF033ED-69EC-4E69-B4C9-A823A945268A.jpeg
    5DF033ED-69EC-4E69-B4C9-A823A945268A.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 4E4E79E7-EB6A-4EA4-B160-865C13ED07B8.jpeg
    4E4E79E7-EB6A-4EA4-B160-865C13ED07B8.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Picked up a 20kva magnate single phase generator of DoneDeal recently. That was changed out from a parlour that was moving to three phase.
Fitted a new frame, sockets, over/under frequency and over/under voltage protection MCBs, rcd and a digital display for voltage and frequency and pto guard.

Just a word of advice, you will need one 63 amp socket with mcb protection only and without RCD protection for connection to your house / parlor. Your main ESB installation will possibly be neutralized by the ESB , this will cause the RCD in the generator to trip. only other way around it its to put both the phase and neutral esb supply cables through the change over switch (normally its only the phase goes through the change over switch). Its important to have the other outlets on the generator protected by and RCD for local loads connected to the genny.

Anyone here able to tell me why the net keeps doing this on a Round Pack?. The rubber rollers are brand new and only fitted yesterday and the very 1st bale of hay I did in went the net. I did pull it out but it went in again.
20210615_182853.jpg

I presume its not feeding it - its the bale drawing it in itself?
It starts out feeding it in then it's the bale that pulls the net in. It never gives any trouble at all not netting or anything. I did wonder if the tension on the net is a bit to much maybe?.
@Johnboi I got the rollers from Tom Shaw farm machinery in Offaly.

Back