What are you up to in the workshop?

3/4” Milwaukee here,I use mainly impact sockets but use a 1/2” adapter on small stuff,I did shear an adapter so I’ve an 1/2” heavy duty now.

Give me a fulcrum and a lever long enough and I shall move the earth itself.
Or something along those lines.
That was Archimedes. You were pretty spot on - the full quote goes:

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world".

Speaking of Milwaukee impacts, their new 1" cordless ( M18 FUEL 1" D-Handle High Torque Impact Wrench) is getting great reviews. Even though I would normally tend towards Dewalt, it’s definitely going on the wish list:

A bit more tlc for the 698. New seat fitted, as going to get it back doing some tedding this year. As you can see, the old seat was pretty shot after 22,000 hours work done on this farm since she arrived here new in 1986.

Got the seat from ‘seatsystems.ie’ after seeing them mentioned here by @Arthur iirc. Very decent and knowledgeable man to deal with, and competitively priced.

A187BCF9-96A8-4E58-AF85-BB675BDA9A85.jpeg3281D7C3-13D4-460E-935B-E2091D45FEC2.jpegC7321CAE-7164-4EB7-A27B-D5A731BEA811.jpeg

A bit more tlc for the 698. New seat fitted, as going to get it back doing some tedding this year. As you can see, the old seat was pretty shot after 22,000 hours work done on this farm since she arrived here new in 1986.

Got the seat from ‘seatsystems.ie’ after seeing them mentioned here by @Arthur iirc. Very decent and knowledgeable man to deal with, and competitively priced.

View attachment 107574View attachment 107575View attachment 107576
I'm only after spotting there the spools and pto on the 600 series appear to be the same as the 500 series, might get a set of 3 spools off john for the 590 as it only has a single spool. I'd keep the old seat, might come in useful for something.

I'm only after spotting there the spools and pto on the 600 series appear to be the same as the 500 series, might get a set of 3 spools off john for the 590 as it only has a single spool. I'd keep the old seat, might come in useful for something.
If your getting spools for a 500 ,off a breaker, get the whole lot complete, the original spools were a Kontak valve block, it fits into a cut out in the floor above the handbrake. There is a specific mounting bracket for the valve block that goes onto studs already fitted to the cab floor , make sure you get the bracket as breakers often loose it. Some 500s had a combining valve for 2 pumps into the spools , might be handy to get that too if you don't already have it .

View attachment 107574View attachment 107575View attachment 107576
How come you didn’t get a air seat? I got a seat of that man as well, very happy with it.

How come you didn’t get a air seat? I got a seat of that man as well, very happy with it.
It won’t be doing a whole lot of work, so not worth it to spend the extra on getting an average quality air seat over a high quality mechanical suspension seat. That, and it’s going to be gobbling up a good bit more money on getting the body work sorted, and am trying to keep to some sort of a budget on it. Ultimately, I would also plan to restore the original grammar that I took out.

Speaking of body work, I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in Ireland or the UK to buy a LHS door for the cab. Only need a frame as the glass is good. Anyone any ideas?

It won’t be doing a whole lot of work, so not worth it to spend the extra on getting an average quality air seat over a high quality mechanical suspension seat. That, and it’s going to be gobbling up a good bit more money on getting the body work sorted, and am trying to keep to some sort of a budget on it. Ultimately, I would also plan to restore the original grammar that I took out.

Speaking of body work, I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in Ireland or the UK to buy a LHS door for the cab. Only need a frame as the glass is good. Anyone any ideas?

McDonald machinery in Wexford would be worth a shout.

Sometimes you see Landini doors which would suit too.

I've that seat here too and find it very comfy.

trillick tractors may have what your looking for

Bolt sheered in the bed of the mower. IMG20220526201358.jpg

One that holds the skids on, put in an bit slightly narrower than the thread to center a point for a small bit. Drilled through with the small bit then went at it with an 8mm left hand bit. What would you know? It worked😊IMG20220526201200.jpg

So the brother`s lely mower is back in the shed in pieces again :crying: . Lost drive to the bed . Fecking shaft driving the bed snapped just before the first disc . Only has 20 acre`s of silgae to knock tomorrow . Does`nt think he hit anything major cutting yesterday that would break it definitely not when it failed . @headcase am i right in thinking you`ve lely mower`s ever snapped the shaft`s .

So the brother`s lely mower is back in the shed in pieces again :crying: . Lost drive to the bed . Fecking shaft driving the bed snapped just before the first disc . Only has 20 acre`s of silgae to knock tomorrow . Does`nt think he hit anything major cutting yesterday that would break it definitely not when it failed . @headcase am i right in thinking you`ve lely mower`s ever snapped the shaft`s .
@paddysdream there is lookin for a good Mower.......😅

find a shaft and measure and cut it so the joins are halfway between the dive units
you might find the hex shafts are going round where they meet the drive units so cut a half distance off and new bit of shaft in

Could I swap a cigarette lighter socket for a 3 pin auxiliary socket?
Need two plugs all of a sudden, one for gps and other the new sprayer

Them lely mowers are some awful heap of shit.

Back