What are you up to in the workshop?

When you mentioned a crack I was expecting it to be the kick bar that drops down to the ground as you tip off the bale! Incorrect hitch height and/or lads trying to drive while tipping get the blame for that though. Worst one I had was when the whole wrap dispenser cracked off where the box iron crosses the main chassis going out to it, and the whole tower fell in onto the table….

The roll pin in the bed isn’t the worst to do apart from when you’ve already messed around thinking it was just the shear bolt on the chain drive, and the fact you end up with grease everywhere
Dont worry, its cracked too..., altho it was badly done imo, its a weak point in them, the tipping frame that is, they cut the gusset under it short imo unless im missing something, it was stopped at a stress point, that's welded up but roughly tbh altho its grand, ill pull it all off in the winter and make a job of it.

The plate on the tipping frame that the turntable bolts to cracked last year so i got 16mm plate and cut the old one out n welded a it in, its not going anywhere now.

Had the dispenser U bolt crack on the last one and I converted it from a 2 U bolt design to a 3 bolt version, that cut that out.
This one has 3 of them.

I'd of moved this one on but a new one is sharp money for what it is and there isnt a pile to go wrong with this one now so it can stay for another while.
Love the concept of the Kuhn HD one but its far too wide, too low as well but I'd get over that.

Didn't know you could gouge with so few amps. Always thought it was something that kinda started at 300 and went up.

The air and power all the way up on the Lidl plasma* does good enough for my needs but nice to know a lad could gouge with what I have if I had to.

*While you were away the Lidl plasma has become the official tool of F4F. @MF30 is getting some sort of referral fee from the Germans for promoting them
The torch is marked 400A but lot less will do on lighter stuff.
Have a new torch here if your interested, new one, well, a demo one but did nothing.

I'm sure the lidl one is grand for most work, at the very least its an introduction to them.
Keep a 60A Tecarc one here with a boost button to 70A iirc, it will cut up to 30mm fairly clean, sever cut up to 40mm but I'd use the gas for anything over that.

The torch is marked 400A but lot less will do on lighter stuff.
Have a new torch here if your interested, new one, well, a demo one but did nothing.

I'm sure the lidl one is grand for most work, at the very least its an introduction to them.
Keep a 60A Tecarc one here with a boost button to 70A iirc, it will cut up to 30mm fairly clean, sever cut up to 40mm but I'd use the gas for anything over that.

The Lidl plasma is one of the great miracles of modern manufacturing. I had a random Chinese one before and it was rubbish, only fit for cutting tin.

The Lidl one is half the price and is a mighty weapon. Cutting 5mm clean, sever 10 and on a good day with a new tip and loads of air could do more. For buttons.

No one is under any impression that they're buying a hypertherm but for the small money they're amazing.

@MF30 turns out some tidy work with his

No
Jcb lost drive on way home 2 nights ago
Suspect drive plate issues
Confirmed by removing the inspection plate on the bottom of the flywheel housing
So engine out ,drive plate in bits,flywheel center cracked
Torque converter spigot worn
Gone from a 200quid plate swop to new flywheel and TC
Out of curiosity @headcase, what would cause the likes of that? I assume it wasn’t just a once off f*ck up from a driver?

Dont worry, its cracked too..., altho it was badly done imo, its a weak point in them, the tipping frame that is, they cut the gusset under it short imo unless im missing something, it was stopped at a stress point, that's welded up but roughly tbh altho its grand, ill pull it all off in the winter and make a job of it.

The plate on the tipping frame that the turntable bolts to cracked last year so i got 16mm plate and cut the old one out n welded a it in, its not going anywhere now.

Had the dispenser U bolt crack on the last one and I converted it from a 2 U bolt design to a 3 bolt version, that cut that out.
This one has 3 of them.

I'd of moved this one on but a new one is sharp money for what it is and there isnt a pile to go wrong with this one now so it can stay for another while.
Love the concept of the Kuhn HD one but its far too wide, too low as well but I'd get over that.
Ever consider a Conor ?

This one has 3 of them.

The little pivot blocks welded on top of the bale damper and kick bar frames could have been done a bit better, an possibly plated up either side easily if they had theft the hangers a little wider but it is what it is. In fairness they do take a lot of going. I bolts I’m fairly certain had been welded up on that one too if I’m not mistaken now that you mention them.

I’m surprised the table bearings never gave up in it, it was often pushed to the limit and pushed up to 50rpm table speed when the pressure was on with 6 layers. Thankfully the alarm for over speed had been adjusted in the box 😂 demo’d a lely one the time they started making them with the electric box on it and I’d to go into the settings after the first bale, couldn’t stick it only turning at 30rpm 😂

Never really liked them, there would of been issues with the dispenser on them originally but that's a long time ago now.
They look lighter tbh.
Don't know enough really be be making big comments about them but bought one last year on advice of a contractor and a parts man I'm friendly with.

Don't know enough really be be making big comments about them but bought one last year on advice of a contractor and a parts man I'm friendly with.
They could be better than the Mc Hale for all I know, there's certainly no bad reports about them that I've heard tbh.

Covered the spare knife. I swapped knives halfway through last harvest.
I’ve decided from now on I’m going to do whatever @Bog Man does. I’d hope that it will eventually get me to the Yacht that I have failed to achieve thus far. 😂😂

Attachments

• 4EAEFDFF-F244-4014-83B6-D25ED04252E7.jpeg
    4EAEFDFF-F244-4014-83B6-D25ED04252E7.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 7D010600-7A70-493D-B9EE-6076D13E2E00.jpeg
    7D010600-7A70-493D-B9EE-6076D13E2E00.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 120
I’ve decided from now on I’m going to do whatever @Bog Man does. I’d hope that it will eventually get me to the Yacht that I have failed to achieve thus far. 😂😂
Did you go genuine on the fingers because I bought spurious one time and my heart was broken and so was the end of the knife. I think @no name had the same problem. My spurious were red ones.

Back