What are you up to in the workshop?

I am fairly sure they are genuine John Deere, the letters JD are stamped on them, they were part of the deal on the combine from TFM full set of fingers and full set of sections came when combine was delivered.
Old ones had a fair bit done but not worn out, small few damaged, so will be kept as spares.

Did you go genuine on the fingers because I bought spurious one time and my heart was broken and so was the end of the knife. I think @no name had the same problem. My spurious were red ones.
A set of those red ones came in a box when I bought the combine. Absolutely useless. It wouldn't cut standing barley. The wore out ones were better. Schumacher fingers and sections and nothing else regardless of price now. Pretty sure @KTM 450 that they're Schumacher too even if branded jd.

:lol::lol: Ther was a lad in the early eighties here that was famous for all sorts of things like that, one of his best I seen was a davy brown drawing silage with the front axle cogged with a couple of timber wedges & her on 3 wheels.....haven't sunk that far, yet.
It’s been done here 🫣🫣🫣

A set of those red ones came in a box when I bought the combine. Absolutely useless. It wouldn't cut standing barley. The wore out ones were better. Schumacher fingers and sections and nothing else regardless of price now. Pretty sure @KTM 450 that they're Schumacher too even if branded jd.
Ye are spot on there lads, fingers are indeed Schumacher, don’t think sections are. No stamp and box says made in Austria.

Attachments

• 06BB58FE-E956-4779-A0DB-9D58133A9144.jpeg
    06BB58FE-E956-4779-A0DB-9D58133A9144.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 6630200E-A7B9-4350-BBDE-5C6A64A7D0C3.jpeg
    6630200E-A7B9-4350-BBDE-5C6A64A7D0C3.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 54
Anyone know what those often round, sometimes oval, plastic pieces that are used to take the slop out of the slack side of a chain (roller chain, as in chain and sprocket) are called? or where to get them?

Anyone know what those often round, sometimes oval, plastic pieces that are used to take the slop out of the slack side of a chain (roller chain, as in chain and sprocket) are called? or where to get them?
Always called them roller chain tensioner blocks.

Nylon chain guide blocks, anyone that sells welger balers would have them

A thread to tell us about any interesting workshop projects you're working on at the moment, so we can pick holes and tell you how you should have done it.

Extra points will be awarded for welding that has been performed upside down and underwater.
I'm trying to get a very old and rusty topper to work. No parts available any more and have just fabricated a new cutter for 1 side from steel flat 80x6.
Now having great difficulty getting the other cutter off. It is turning on the shaft. The nut is Lht 1" UNC. Cannot cut the nut off as replacements are not available even in US the home of inches.
Pity that I dont have a large impact driver for the 3/4 drive socket.
Any suggestions?

Back