What is too high hours on a MF 7495?

Farmer Murph

Newbie to this forum. In the process of moving into farming, and taking over from my Pops (willbe done over a 5 yr period). Looking for a MF 7495 or 7497 (7499 would be looked at too but first choice is the 7497).

I’m based in Leinster, Ireland, and 7495/7497/7499 are hard to find. Looking in the the South and N Irl but not UK as it’s too messy to import across for what I’m looking for post Brexit.

Have found a 2008 7495 with 10,750 hrs on it in the North. The tractor appears to be in excellent order and everything sounds and runs as it should. The dealer bought it off a local farmer but doesn’t know the full history - what’s been replaced/repaired etc.

Is almost 11k hours on a 2008 7495 too much? I would be doing 350-450hrs a year on it mowing/baling/drawing hay & silage: hedge cutting. Goes without saying that price will be a factor. All thoughts/tips appreciated

Newbie to this forum. In the process of moving into farming, and taking over from my Pops (willbe done over a 5 yr period). Looking for a MF 7495 or 7497 (7499 would be looked at too but first choice is the 7497).

I’m based in Leinster, Ireland, and 7495/7497/7499 are hard to find. Looking in the the South and N Irl but not UK as it’s too messy to import across for what I’m looking for post Brexit.

Have found a 2008 7495 with 10,750 hrs on it in the North. The tractor appears to be in excellent order and everything sounds and runs as it should. The dealer bought it off a local farmer but doesn’t know the full history - what’s been replaced/repaired etc.

Is almost 11k hours on a 2008 7495 too much? I would be doing 350-450hrs a year on it mowing/baling/drawing hay & silage: hedge cutting. Goes without saying that price will be a factor. All thoughts/tips appreciated
Be fine, just give it a FULL service🤷‍♂️

hours dont mean anything once the tractor was looked after during those hours. have driven a new holland t7 with 11000 and a 6485 with 11000 hours and you can tell the 6485 has had a better life in those 110000 hours compared to the t7 which is newer

Have a read of the 7400 thread.

I’ve just done same on 7480. It’s a risk of course but i think it’s not that different to buying an 11k hrs dyna 6. Is the 2008 a sisu or Perkins engine in a 7495? There were more concerns with the t3 Perkins at those hours due to cost of injectors and pump if not already done.

I’ve just gone through the uk import and due to vrt this weekend. It’s the unknowns that made it look bad but actually wasn’t too bad. If I get through vrt this weekend I’ll post up full details next week.

Note it is more complicated to reregister a ni s/h tractor that first arrived into ni after jan this year so just watch out for that.

I’ve just done same on 7480. It’s a risk of course but i think it’s not that different to buying an 11k hrs dyna 6. Is the 2008 a sisu or Perkins engine in a 7495? There were more concerns with the t3 Perkins at those hours due to cost of injectors and pump if not already done.

I’ve just gone through the uk import and due to vrt this weekend. It’s the unknowns that made it look bad but actually wasn’t too bad. If I get through vrt this weekend I’ll post up full details next week.

Note it is more complicated to reregister a ni s/h tractor that first arrived into ni after jan this year so just watch out for that.
sisu in the 85 and up, perkypillar in the 80 and down

Cheers Towbar.

Would love to hear how the VRT goes, if not too much hassle it would open up my options.

Back