What next after SKY

Rathbran

So have finally told SkY to foxtrot Oscar with their prices, but what next..?

the recording is handy, what have ye done or use instead of SkY. Have internet for Netflix and Amazon. What do ye get terrestrial in on and do ye record it...?

Using Freesat here. Same dish and satellite as sky. Using a recording box by Humax. The newer ones will plug into the internet for Netflix and stuff as well.

Using Freesat here. Same dish and satellite as sky. Using a recording box by Humax. The newer ones will plug into the internet for Netflix and stuff as well.
Have a Humax box here aswell 500gb storage and has apps for Netflix YouTube etc to run through the tv. we find it very good.

So have finally told SkY to foxtrot Oscar with their prices, but what next..?

the recording is handy, what have ye done or use instead of SkY. Have internet for Netflix and Amazon. What do ye get terrestrial in on and do ye record it...?
I'm thinking of doing the same, nothing but repetition under the guise of new to the channel with a modified title, don't watch much TV anyway apart from a bit of motorsport live and a bit of current affairs and news stuff.

Can’t do the phone line / broadband thing here unfortunately as the phone lines are still poor and offer very slow broadband speeds. Have internet via a dongle. Looks like I’m looking at a Humax box receiver/hard drive unit.

thanks for the replies, any other tips or ideas much appreciated 👍

The misses here has sky,Netflix and Amazon prime all costing money do these boxes ye are on about do away with any of them then ?

The misses here has sky,Netflix and Amazon prime all costing money do these boxes ye are on about do away with any of them then ?
No, there's no overlap really on those three, the only way to save is to ditch one of the services.

For the last 12 months here we've been using Eir TV for a tenner a month on top of our broadband, amazon prime for I think €6 and netflix is around 10.

Gives lots of options. for a relativiely low cost compared to sky.

you do miss out on a few shows, the Eir TV service is only ok as you can't record RTE channels and the series link for recording is a bit crap compared to sky but my biggest complaint is the signal really can't keep up with hurling matches. live streaming something like that takes serious bandwidth and compression technology and whatever they're using isnt up to it, regularly left wondering what the hell is happening in fast action vs what it was like in HD from Sky.

Some good 12 month deals out there at the moment. Sky tv and broadband for €50 a month for 12 months is pretty decent so we might end up back with them, but it's become something you have to change every year.

Tell us more know a lad selling one called firestick don't know nothing about them
Firestick is from amazon but you can get hacked ones that let you watch everything with out subscription. Every now and then the encoding gets changed which stops the hack from working so you have to get the stick re-hacked.

Back