What sprayer

Most drills nowadays have the capability to block off half of the drill I would think. Amazone have it with a good few years anyway.
My Amazone drill has the facility to split the feed roller shaft in the middle manually. Trouble is I wouldn’t trust myself and be afraid I would get the low seed alarm and open the box to see the other side still full.

I think putting in your own tramlines with a GPS is the way to go . Some fields it makes sense to tramline a slightly different direction to the way it is sown . You also get more accurate tramlines .I have measured tramlines and I have yet to find ones exactly the right width . I get a contractor to sow and he could send a 3meter or a 4 meter drill and it makes no difference to me . It has been a game changer for us to do our own tramlines .
Do you just trample the crop or have you a setup to spray off the wheel tracks with Glyphosate on the first time over the field?

I was in abbey retail clerihan yesterday as I was passing. Beautiful 15M 1000L 2016 sprayer there, I know the guy who traded it for a new KV mounted. It’s like new if it’s of any interest to anyone here. No clue of price. View attachment 83809
It’s up on done deal for 15500, no vat.
I’d say someone vat registered and eligible for tams be able to buy a new one for similar money? From memory a uf1501, 21m was about 29K +vat last year

It’s up on done deal for 15500, no vat.
I’d say someone vat registered and eligible for tams be able to buy a new one for similar money? From memory a uf1501, 21m was about 29K +vat last year
I priced one of them, 1000l but 18m instead of 15m, it was 15k +vat, that's 4 or 5 years ago.

The likes of that Amazone are a fine sprayer but what weight are you talking about? :unsure: 🤔

Edit: 700 to 900kgs, I thought they would be heavier to be honest.

I once had the 800 litre mounted on the 880 Davy brown for a bit of spot spraying,set it off filling with the hosepipe with the arms locked fully up,forgot about it filling to come round the corner to the front wheels a good 6’ up in the air,good job I hadn’t left it running because it would have seized.

I once had the 800 litre mounted on the 880 Davy brown for a bit of spot spraying,set it off filling with the hosepipe with the arms locked fully up,forgot about it filling to come round the corner to the front wheels a good 6’ up in the air,good job I hadn’t left it running because it would have seized.
My first spraying outfit was a DB 880 and Hardi 88 gallon sprayer with PTO mounted pump and 28 ft boom. There were a few hills I had to reverse up to get to the fields such was the lack of counterbalance. Both were new around 1970, and 3.5 acres per fill was the output. The Hardi tank expired when the floor just fell out of it one morning as I set off with the first load of the year. I fitted the booms and pump onto a frame I made with a 1000 litre IBC tank on the lift arms and used a bigger tractor, this went on to spray the beet only up to the end of the beet campaign. Sold it then for fairly decent money afterwards.

My first spraying outfit was a DB 880 and Hardi 88 gallon sprayer with PTO mounted pump and 28 ft boom. There were a few hills I had to reverse up to get to the fields such was the lack of counterbalance. Both were new around 1970, and 3.5 acres per fill was the output. The Hardi tank expired when the floor just fell out of it one morning as I set off with the first load of the year. I fitted the booms and pump onto a frame I made with a 1000 litre IBC tank on the lift arms and used a bigger tractor, this went on to spray the beet only up to the end of the beet campaign. Sold it then for fairly decent money afterwards.
My first sprayer outfit was a 135 and an Everard, (now Berthoud) 132 gal 40ft, the reversing up hills was the only option.

Haven’t seen it yet, it’s loaded, Rory seems sound, so did a deal, 15-16 year old sprayer, seems to be well minded, thanks for the reply’s 👍

Attachments

• 22FDEDEA-EAE5-424F-819C-CBDECA718FE4.jpeg
    22FDEDEA-EAE5-424F-819C-CBDECA718FE4.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 65B20EA0-6AE8-49BF-827C-E064B978D0B5.jpeg
    65B20EA0-6AE8-49BF-827C-E064B978D0B5.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
My first sprayer outfit was a 135 and an Everard, (now Berthoud) 132 gal 40ft, the reversing up hills was the only option.

Not doubting you on Everard now being Berthoud.
I bought a Perras 88 gallon probably 15 years ago . Berthoud parts fitted it definitely .

Back