What sprayer

Where does the berthoud major fit in range, below a racer or when did they come in or go out?
AFAIK the major replaced the racer range. Unsure of dates but l had a 1995 racer 3200 litre 24m xxx boom.
Changed to a Major in 2005 same capacity and width but its got axial booms which are far superior. Also has the actiflex suspension which l wouldnt be without.
Other improvements are 300 litre rinse tank as
opposed 100 l. Was told by salesman that the main tank was a thicker and stronger grade of whatever plastic they're made of.
Major has steering and one control box whereas racer was fixed and had two boxes.

Now possibly you could've specced up a racer with any/all of the above l dont know but thats the essential differences in mine which perhaps is some help to you.

AFAIK the major replaced the racer range. Unsure of dates but l had a 1995 racer 3200 litre 24m xxx boom.
Changed to a Major in 2005 same capacity and width but its got axial booms which are far superior. Also has the actiflex suspension which l wouldnt be without.
Other improvements are 300 litre rinse tank as
opposed 100 l. Was told by salesman that the main tank was a thicker and stronger grade of whatever plastic they're made of.
Major has steering and one control box whereas racer was fixed and had two boxes.

Now possibly you could've specced up a racer with any/all of the above l dont know but thats the essential differences in mine which perhaps is some help to you.
Thanks very much, wouldn’t was unsure of models wouldn’t be into sprayers!
Do you still have it? What box do you have? @Titan 8820

Thanks very much, wouldn’t was unsure of models wouldn’t be into sprayers!
Do you still have it? What box do you have? @Titan 8820
l still have the major yes. A fine sprayer and miles ahead of the racer imo.
I am away from the shed today but can send you a pic of the box tomorrow if u want.

l still have the major yes. A fine sprayer and miles ahead of the racer imo.
I am away from the shed today but can send you a pic of the box tomorrow if u want.
You’ve got on very well with it so, Iv no idea what box I have or how to use it, and as for behind the cover Iv no idea 🙈🙈!
Thanks that be great, picture attached is the box Iv have here @Titan 8820

Attachments

• 25644708-8B84-4304-BEBF-3F8379E08D07.jpeg
    25644708-8B84-4304-BEBF-3F8379E08D07.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 60
Have you the instruction. Book for it. We got an instruction Book from Murphy’s when the old one got lost. I am told there is no bother getting it rigged up to a GPS for section control.
you can also find out how many hectares it has done by pressing the correct sequence.

That air assist,would that be the same or similar as a cleanacres airtec ?

I been told that a good set of air inclusions nozzles is about the same and less hastle🤷‍♂️

Have you the instruction. Book for it. We got an instruction Book from Murphy’s when the old one got lost. I am told there is no bother getting it rigged up to a GPS for section control.
you can also find out how many hectares it has done by pressing the correct sequence.
I have, didn’t do any bedtime reading yet! Il give a few hours at it 2morro or Tuesday and see can I make head way

That air assist,would that be the same or similar as a cleanacres airtec ?

I been told that a good set of air inclusions nozzles is about the same and less hastle🤷‍♂️
I don't think Berthoud do a sprayer similar to Cleanacres Airtec.
Air inclusion nozzles on standard sprayers are a great step forward, but in no way in the same league as Cleanacres Airtec or sleave boom air assisted boom sprayers, but both are dear and complicated.

Soo, getting the berthoud ready for the test, found a pipe of pump needed changing, a few oring and a general check threw, ran it yesterday with water, felt the pump wasn’t right, and slight leak from the main shaft seal of the pump 😭, anyway opened today to find rear impeller to be Fudged 😣! Shoulder on the low pressure impeller half of it is missing! Quick strip for @Deutz638, and a phone call to Murphys in Kilkenny and a couple to Rory in milestone strayers, A1 guy and got parts sorted, @Deutz638 will have to do the re-assemble! A pain but aswell find it now, pump hopefully be done for along time 🙏

Attachments

• 2AF906CB-5178-4315-BAD6-CB7BFD8B7082.jpeg
    2AF906CB-5178-4315-BAD6-CB7BFD8B7082.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 46
  • D684172B-E186-40FE-962E-7D8AEAC0BFE9.png
    D684172B-E186-40FE-962E-7D8AEAC0BFE9.png
    948.8 KB · Views: 18
And you had to have a play already!!! :)
Got home and dumped 400l init and went out the back field
That 4 extra meter each side take some getting used to
All electro hydraulic control
Set of nearly new guardian air 04s on it
1 or 2 small things need a tweak before next year but will work as is👍
Pulled back in the yard and put 50l of water in and 6l of antifreeze, pumped it round everything and parked in shed

Do most sprayers these days have the pressure gauge connected to a boom section?🤔
Turn that 1 off and no pressure....
Why not off the manifold?

Got home and dumped 400l init and went out the back field
That 4 extra meter each side take some getting used to
All electro hydraulic control
Set of nearly new guardian air 04s on it
1 or 2 small things need a tweak before next year but will work as is👍
Pulled back in the yard and put 50l of water in and 6l of antifreeze, pumped it round everything and parked in shed

Do most sprayers these days have the pressure gauge connected to a boom section?🤔
Turn that 1 off and no pressure....
Why not off the manifold?

that’s the way my case is anyway. I remember the day I got it and was shutting off sections and when I shut off the section that the pressure is run off the pressure just dropped to nothing. Didn’t know what had gone wrong so went tracing the pipe so now I know.

that’s the way my case is anyway. I remember the day I got it and was shutting off sections and when I shut off the section that the pressure is run off the pressure just dropped to nothing. Didn’t know what had gone wrong so went tracing the pipe so now I know.
Bit daft

How do you set the balanced return on that 1🤦‍♂️

Back