What sprayer

The neighbor sold it and bought a maxxor the same as ours. He actually bought it new in Hungary and had them deliver it to Ireland . and saved about 7K on it.
Were on 30 M .
Big saving, parts are big mad for them!
30m some span, must get the test done next and hopefully get that sorted 🙏

Big saving, parts are big mad for them!
30m some span, must get the test done next and hopefully get that sorted 🙏
Murphy’s are more user friendly than before and have reduced the price of parts. I got a ram for €200 and it was €100 to repair the old one.

Yup same as the one here so, how’d you find it? Much trouble?
Bearing in the Gearbox went and if it was left to me I would have cleaned up the gears put in the bearings and drive her on . The lad doing it put in a new gearbox. He was probably right. It had 54k acres done. The pump will draw fifty horsepower at full chat but that would never be needed spraying cereals.

Well all, just checking on best way of looking about s/h sprayer. Do you get warranty from dealer or are sprayers more a sold as seen job? Is it best to get dealer to service pump, pressure system etc and then get it tested yourself so you could go back to them if something crops up ? Thanks.

Well all, just checking on best way of looking about s/h sprayer. Do you get warranty from dealer or are sprayers more a sold as seen job? Is it best to get dealer to service pump, pressure system etc and then get it tested yourself so you could go back to them if something crops up ? Thanks.

Like a lot of things it depends on how much you are spending!

Most decent sprayers should be tested by now within the last 5/6 years so take it from there.

Many dealers also do the testing themselves.

with mine i know the lad wouldnt see me stuck if theres any issues in the first few times using it

👍. Not a trust thing but think it’s well worth being there when sprayer being tested. Only tested one sprayer but lad who did it pointed out the odd thing that was a pass this time but to keep an eye on or change before next test. They’re also great for pointing out what to look out for on different makes/models.

I bought 2 sprayers with a test just done, 1 here and other in England, both had numerous issues that should have caused fails in the tests.
If I was to score my own driving test I would give myself 100% every time.
A sprayer test done by a company that is selling the sprayer to you, IMHO, is only a box ticking exercise.

I bought 2 sprayers with a test just done, 1 here and other in England, both had numerous issues that should have caused fails in the tests.
If I was to score my own driving test I would give myself 100% every time.
A sprayer test done by a company that is selling the sprayer to you, IMHO, is only a box ticking exercise.

I dont fundamentally disagree with you but anyone that does that is shortsighted imv.

I dont fundamentally disagree with you but anyone that does that is shortsighted imv.
I don't even think either were in anyway deliberate, they just expected others would have done their jobs better and then didn't check.

New sprayer sorted 😁

OGU4OWI4OGViNDMyMGVlYTQ1MjMzZWI5ODg2OTk3ZmaQp6IzMmc6FVa5dvoXTBOwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjIxNDMwMTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

The Knight conversion is a good bit rarer than the Sam which you would usually see. DB high clearance tractors were popular for these conversions.

Berthoud tracking sprayer here would break your heart, never stays behind the tractor, it's the older type hydraulic set up, any side slope and it could be a foot off means tramlines are all over the place, how much of a job is it to convert to a straight drawbar?

We find here with the manual folding booms on pretty serious brows that the booms can bend back as you are spraying. If I move to hydraulic folding booms will that be sorted as well.

Sorry for the amateur question.

Back