What tractor should I buy?

Was definitely there in 92 anyway
Was it an updated cab came in in 1994?. Something was changed for that year but I can't remember what. I know they changed the dash anyway. Was there something changed in the colour as well?.

Was it an updated cab came in in 1994?. Something was changed for that year but I can't remember what. I know they changed the dash anyway. Was there something changed in the colour as well?.

Was it the 18 x 6 speedshift and 40k box was introduced around then?

I thought the 40k and the 18 sp option came in in 95 with the 8 stud front axle. A friend bought one of the last of them a 1997 one from a buddy of @Dec recently. All ours are 95 96 View attachment 87662here is a pic of the 97 one highline and 18 sp View attachment 87662
I haven't seen that tractor in the flesh, he's another on its way as good as the one your friend bought but it's 12/12 40k, mightn't be in the OP's budget

Can’t beat a blizzard for wat the op wants! FYI do we went to buy a mythos 115 he had up 2 years ago, dad said he’d check out with the bank about finance and wat came back was we were cleared for finance but they wouldn’t give it if buying off that dealer. Take of it wat u like we ended up buying the 6470 off John Conaty... the mythos was up for atleast 12/18 months after we had bought

yes 1991 had 12/12 shuttle, as we ahd both 3stick and shuttle here, still have 3stick. Altough not compact they are as handy as anyother 6cylinder i find. the newer front axle helps but i think its 1994 before you get it. only problem with our 12/12 one was the engine siezed or nearly siezed before we sold it, apparntly happened a few early 1006 engines on cylinder 1 did this. We also did the gerabox up but we did alot of work with it and much of it the 399 wasnt made for

There is only one model 390t as far as i know that would be from'94 on with shuttle and 12/12 side stick gears

Why limit it to just massey's? There are plenty of models from other brands that will do everything you need to do and will be much better value for money than a 390.

I would go for a 398 over a 390T similar hp but the 398 had the 236T engine which I prefer, all the 300’s can rust just check the mud guards the doors especially the bottom also make sure they close without leaving gaps, the roof can leak especially if she came in contact with a low shed. Wasn’t there a low profile+ model out around 94 lot of the features of the high line but with the lower cab. The shuttle box was only available in the high line cabs in the early 90’s 3 stick in the low profile.
I wouldn’t rule a 399 out, they aren’t that big especially if u put one beside a modern tractor they look small.

Back