What tractor should I buy

Hi everyone so I’m in need of a tractor that can do light jobs around the yard and a bit of road work it needs to be able to lift a bale of silage draw manure from sheds tip and pull trailers and just general light work and maximum price is €4000

Could a 575 be got? Issue is all them sized vintage tractors are being exported and as Mike said, anything at that price range are more than likely rough examples

Could a 575 be got? Issue is all them sized vintage tractors are being exported and as Mike said, anything at that price range are more than likely rough examples
No, you won’t get a 575 for 4K, friend of mine sold a rough one for 7k early this year it would hardly lift a bale of silage steering was v wobbly and rust everywhere, but had good tyres.

No, you won’t get a 575 for 4K, friend of mine sold a rough one for 7k early this year it would hardly lift a bale of silage steering was v wobbly and rust everywhere, but had good tyres.
Just a neighbour has one and lifts his bales of silage. Only reason I thought of one

Just a neighbour has one and lifts his bales of silage. Only reason I thought of one
In theory it will lift bales just the one my friend had struggled to lift bales so imagine if u found 1 for 4K it would be pretty poor, half rotten or even fully rotted 690’s seem to make 6k.

You'll get a reasonably clean David brown or international tractor for that money, if you are patient. Condition is key.

As mentions before you might find a zetor/ursus but she'll be hanging together. Anything at that money realistically is going to cost you another 4k in repairs in a year or 2. I hope you're mechanically minded.

this is a duplicate thread lads

can a mod merge and close

Surely there's only one answer to this question

You'll never forget her

Best go onto donedeal.ie filter tractors €1000-4000 pick out the least ignorant looking yolk and take a chance, it will be no oil painting.
There are a few out there but if you want to go on the road they will need a sort out of lights and possibly steering, other issues could be dealt with in time but unless you are mechanically minded wouldn't it be better to get something that is right from the start for another few thou.

Not a hope. A scrap one would nearly be worth that. I sold a 590 to John conaty with basically nothing going for it including a blown head gasket for 3200 for export. Tractors are dear enough at the minute.

Hi everyone so I’m in need of a tractor that can do light jobs around the yard and a bit of road work it needs to be able to lift a bale of silage draw manure from sheds tip and pull trailers and just general light work and maximum price is €4000
If you were looking for one 6 months earlier I could have sold you a 685 international for 3000 but that ship has sadly sailed. That tractor will hopefully be for sale in a month but with a 7k-8k price tag this time.

Last edited:
this is a duplicate thread lads

can a mod merge and close
I’d assume its not a dupe.

6 months ago he had 15k to spend. Now its 4k.

I’m assuming that this is a second tractor.

If its not, i’d be asking where the missing 12k went over 6 months. Or more to the point, does the account know? Maybe it was ‘recreation’ which can be written off against tax with the right man doing the books.

How times change
I bought a 565 sometime in the late 90s for £2750 . Off farm. Sold it 12 months later for the same . It had a Grays Lynkon loader and dung fork . Little to no rust . Hard started when cold . Pto running full time . Biggest issue I had , it broke front stub axles like they were made from carrots. Well able to lift a 2nd cut bale of silage with the loader .

Back