What type pick up hitch is this

Looks like an ARM .https://www.google.ie/search?q=arm+...BAgJECQ&biw=1280&bih=654#imgrc=UXlczSH1zWvgKM:
David-Brown-1690-Pick-Up-Hitch-Assembly-also.jpg

The Marshall here had one of them until we got the new one for it, wasn’t a bad hitch in fairness to it just got worn loose and rattly

It's an ARM, as mentioned above.
Fitted to the IH 946 1046 and the early 55 series.
Disaster when the pins on the two latches got a bit of wear. Too many moving parts in the locking system. Hitch would release at one side but not the other. Trailers would fall off the hook when on rough ground.
We replaced almost all of them, mostly under warranty, with Dromore in the end. Then had enough scrap hitches to keep repairing any others that were left.

I have that hitch type on a Same Laser with a hook only.

I am looking for the hook/drawbar, if anybody has one in the back of a shed.

Had seen these on a few same’s they were bad enough.
Nothing quiet as bad as the effort on the MF 595 Mk2’s, that has to have been greatest afterthought in history.

I remember a neighbour having a Leyland 272 synchro in the '80s and it had a PUH something like that.
We also had a Ford 6600 Q on loan from a local dealer (can't even be sure which dealer) one time and I think it was fitted with that type hitch.

I remember my father picking up parts there. We stayed in a Band B in Donegal and the husband had worked for Massey Ferguson and was based in Baggot Street . There was a man worked in Murphy Machinery in Kilkenny that worked there also. ?? Ian Mcullagh??
[
QUOTE="tancoman, post: 742359, member: 4689"]
I remember the Massey Ferguson showrooms on Baggott Street in Dublin in the 70's
[/QUOTE]

I remember my father picking up parts there. We stayed in a Band B in Donegal and the husband had worked for Massey Ferguson and was based in Baggot Street . There was a man worked in Murphy Machinery in Kilkenny that worked there also. ?? Ian Mcullagh??
[
QUOTE="tancoman, post: 742359, member: 4689"]
I remember the Massey Ferguson showrooms on Baggott Street in Dublin in the 70's

[/QUOTE]
Massey Ferguson's premises on Baggot St was a car dealership belonging to Harry Ferguson's brother before he ever invented a tractor. MF Ireland went from there to the Long Mile Road and ended up upstairs in Donohoe's in the Cherry Orchard industrial estate

Massey Ferguson's premises on Baggot St was a car dealership belonging to Harry Ferguson's brother before he ever invented a tractor. MF Ireland went from there to the Long Mile Road and ended up upstairs in Donohoe's in the Cherry Orchard industrial estate
[/QUOTE]
Weren't Lenihans in Capel street Kuhn dealers ?

Weren't Lenihans in Capel street Kuhn dealers ?
[/QUOTE]
My father bought a Lambourne cab for the Dexta in Lenihans . The owner of EPT served his Time in Lenihans .
Alpha Bargains across the road for ex NATO parka jackets and camping gear.

Back