What type pick up hitch is this

Didn't copleys end up down in glanmire at some stage
Didn't copleys end up down in glanmire at some stage
I think they had a farm out in Knockraha and they worked out of there for a while after leaving Douglas St. We had an Allis Chlambers Roto baler and they were the agents for them. The baler is still here, was last worked in 83’.

Last edited:
I think they had a farm out in Knockraha and they worked out of there for a while after leaving Douglas St. We had an Allis Chlambers Roto baler and they were the agents for them. The baler is still here, was last worked in 83’.
I hope your minding it and its not outside in the briars.....!

Weren't Lenihans in Capel street Kuhn dealers ?

Lenehans were Vicon dealers to the best of my knowledge.
Machinery Distributors Ireland in Lucan were Kuhn dealers.
IAM were Taaurup and Welger dealers on Upper Abbey Street.
David Brown Ireland were in Phibsboro.
Savilles in Santry were International dealers.
Sherrards in Santry were John Deere dealers.
Traynor's in Finglas would have held a lot of agencies and sold a lot of combines.
Zetor Ireland were on the Naas Road.

Most if the machinery importers/distributors were based in Dublin until the mid/late 70's.

What this has to do with pick-up hitches I don't know.

Lenehans were Vicon dealers to the best of my knowledge.
Machinery Distributors Ireland in Lucan were Kuhn dealers.
IAM were Taaurup and Welger dealers on Upper Abbey Street.
David Brown Ireland were in Phibsboro.
Savilles in Santry were International dealers.
Sherrards in Santry were John Deere dealers.
Traynor's in Finglas would have held a lot of agencies and sold a lot of combines.
Zetor Ireland were on the Naas Road.

Most if the machinery importers/distributors were based in Dublin until the mid/late 70's.

What this has to do with pick-up hitches I don't know.

IAMs stay in Clondalkin can have been much along with 15 years , 20 at the outside . I'd say they moved there 1975 ish , but you would be the IAM expert .

Traynors distributed Universal tractors , and Fortschrit combines and self propelled silage harvesters.

O Sheas would have been the Zetor dealers on the Naas Road . They started importing Daihatsu Charade cars around 1979 . And I suppose Fourtrak jeeps, but not sure on that .

IAMs stay in Clondalkin can have been much along with 15 years , 20 at the outside . I'd say they moved there 1975 ish , but you would be the IAM expert .

Traynors distributed Universal tractors , and Fortschrit combines and self propelled silage harvesters.

O Sheas would have been the Zetor dealers on the Naas Road . They started importing Daihatsu Charade cars around 1979 . And I suppose Fourtrak jeeps, but not sure on that .
I would say IAM were on the Naas Road from 1975-1993.

I forgot Brittains on the Naas Road for New Holland

I would say IAM were on the Naas Road from 1975-1993.

I forgot Brittains on the Naas Road for New Holland

1975 I thought too .
Did Britain's import Nuffield tractors ?
They were responsible for Morris Minors ,I'm fairly sure .

Who or what , were Booth Poole ? Name popped into my mind.

1975 I thought too .
Did Britain's import Nuffield tractors ?
They were responsible for Morris Minors ,I'm fairly sure .

Who or what , were Booth Poole ? Name popped into my mind.
Booth Poole were Nuffield/Leyland importers, they were bought out by or merged with Brittains. Brittains were a car importers before they got involved in farm machinery, didn't they buy out one of the Wexford crowds? Pierce's?

Asked my old man about Copley's. Said that there was a Driscoll that owned it? My grandfather had bought a 1530 off them before. Dad remembered the farm was up in rathcooney. Went up to the farm to get parts a few times

Last edited:
Asked my old man about Copley's. Said that there was a Driscoll that owned it? My grandfather had bought a 1530 off them before. Dad remembered the farm was up in rathcooney. Went up to the farm to get parts afew times
spot on . i heard my dad mention rathcooney alright

Asked my old man about Copley's. Said that there was a Driscoll that owned it? My grandfather had bought a 1530 off them before. Dad remembered the farm was up in rathcooney. Went up to the farm to get parts afew times
He's spot on with Driscoll now that you mention it.

Another Dublin one, from 1969, still importing Krone and Quicke

View attachment 88870
It’s a long time since Duffy’s in Headford were selling farm machinery. I don’t ever remember them selling farm machinery. They had a hardware as well and that is closed with probably 3 years now. Possibly more. They were a long time there

It’s a long time since Duffy’s in Headford were selling farm machinery. I don’t ever remember them selling farm machinery. They had a hardware as well and that is closed with probably 3 years now. Possibly more. They were a long time there
They sold machinery until the early to mid 00's anyway I'd say, I'd have to double check. They were there since 1959.

Back