What way are you fixed?

I am taking a cut this week and was thinking of closing again for another cut. Do ye think this is worth it? Considering the quality in October and even it might be very wet also.
Imo ypur aswell off grazing it in october and into nobember rather than trying to take a cut. If the weather turns you might have a bit of a mess next year

Imo ypur aswell off grazing it in october and into nobember rather than trying to take a cut. If the weather turns you might have a bit of a mess next year

This would be my approach as well. Really depends on how dry your ground is Blue Power for ground conditions at the time of cutting and altitude for future growth but on balance at this stage try and maximize it for grazing.

I am taking a cut this week and was thinking of closing again for another cut. Do ye think this is worth it? Considering the quality in October and even it might be very wet also.
depends on your own circumstances. if you are lowly stocked i cant see why not. there is so much growth missing from this year anything is possible

Was in a yard the other day. He is still on silage at night locked into the same paddock. Going into his 12 week of silage in the diet. Has sold 50 cows and normally kills about 100 cattle but most are due to be sold.

Kind of in a 'goldilocks ' zobe right now, grounds not too wet or too dry, not too cold etc :lol:but that is liable to changen ow looking at the forecast.we made the last of our silage tuesday evening another 60 odd bales

I know you are joking about the holiday, but a break away from the place would be well earned this year, recharge the batteries and clear the head too
Took a weekend off to attend a good friends wedding. Got in a lad for 4 milkings. Before that I had done approximately 1600 days milking twice in a row. Was great to get away but was also glad to get back to it. Might try to take more time off from now on.

Took a weekend off to attend a good friends wedding. Got in a lad for 4 milkings. Before that I had done approximately 1600 days milking twice in a row. Was great to get away but was also glad to get back to it. Might try to take more time off from now on.
I find that too a day or two away when you come back your full of beans.
I do enjoy going away of a sat evening and comming back Sunday night you have a great mindset heading into the comming week

A young lad was sent to an outfarm to lamb ewes . The father heard he was going into town galavanting so he rang him at seven o’clock and lambing was going well. He rang him at 8 o’clock and things were still fine . At 9 o’clock there was no answer so the next morning early he arrived over with a trailer to bring home the sheep and the young lad . Shortly after a bulldozer arrived with instructions to knock down the dwelling house on the outfarm because there was no son of his was going to the picture house in Castledermot. When the man died he had a thousand acres of land .
This is a true story.

A young lad was sent to an outfarm to lamb ewes . The father heard he was going into town galavanting so he rang him at seven o’clock and lambing was going well. He rang him at 8 o’clock and things were still fine . At 9 o’clock there was no answer so the next morning early he arrived over with a trailer to bring home the sheep and the young lad . Shortly after a bulldozer arrived with instructions to knock down the dwelling house on the outfarm because there was no son of his was going to the picture house in Castledermot. When the man died he had a thousand acres of land .
This is a true story.
Who's farming it now

This is a true story.
That man had a large family and only 1 of the lads got married. They are all getting old now and they are married to the farm and will never be otherwise. While the father was to be admired for all the land he bought, he reared a large family to have no life.

A great wedding it was too . You looked sharp in the new suit. That's what life is about , friends and family .

1600 days x twice a day. If a lad got 4 years in Mountjoy , he would probably be out in a year , 18 months without doubt .
Make a point of taking an odd day off , and go somewhere different.
Its a very small rectangle of land that will do us all at the end of our days.

I find that too a day or two away when you come back your full of beans.
I do enjoy going away of a sat evening and comming back Sunday night you have a great mindset heading into the comming week
i find your hanging until about wednesday morning, thats after a right good saturday night

Back