Whatever happened to Claas Round Balers?

I didnt know I was getting it , .
Nor wasn't asked did I want it .

He seems to think that it's a lot of hassle for him . Lifting it , and lack of straps supplied for doing so , seemed part of the issue
The only net ones we had last year were a small bit we had to get done in a rush before some electricity poles were put up.
Baler man didn't want the hassle of changing over for so few.
So could well be a PITA!
Mind you, ask your man did he complain the same going from twine to net?!šŸ˜‚

I remember a claas dealer a few years ago telling me that if they soon don't go and beef up their balers and lower the cost of spare parts into this country it won't be worth their while
Not sure the spare parts were badly priced. Genuine claas main chain was cheaper than buying from local bearing/chain suppliers.

man between honesty shed and ballyfeard has a 46 still going. he and some other lad tip away at it. @Deerehunter would probably know who it is. has a 4 pot jd running the baler. from a distance, the bales seemed decent enough

That would be Desmonds. The son Eoin does sprayer testing and would be known in ploughing circles. @kverneland es 80 might know him even though hes on the other side of the iron curtain!!!!

What you saw would be the modern section of the fleet!, i think its jd 6310 you saw. I think they have a sg2 cab jd, a late model nuffield, and when their cutting the barley you really nead to call over and see their great dania combine cutting, shes a beauty. Perfect for an article in classic tractor.
Would know of the son alright. Tested the sprayer last year for us.

That would be Desmonds. The son Eoin does sprayer testing and would be known in ploughing circles. @kverneland es 80 might know him even though hes on the other side of the iron curtain!!!!

What you saw would be the modern section of the fleet!, i think its jd 6310 you saw. I think they have a sg2 cab jd, a late model nuffield, and when their cutting the barley you really nead to call over and see their great dania combine cutting, shes a beauty. Perfect for an article in classic tractor.
the name rings a bell. but i dont know him , paddy h and niall t would be my contacts in ploughing circles over there

Saw a man today baling silage with an older class behind a 7810.

With twine!!!

Actually just remembering now.....

Later on in the field next door to the twine silage there was small squares of hay being made. No sleigh behind the baler. The farmer was walking behind the baler with a pike forking the bales over to the next row so they could be stood up together.

I don't think it was the same farmer in the two fields, just neighbours loving hardship

Actually just remembering now.....

Later on in the field next door to the twine silage there was small squares of hay being made. No sleigh behind the baler. The farmer was walking behind the baler with a pike forking the bales over to the next row so they could be stood up together.

I don't think it was the same farmer in the two fields, just neighbours loving hardship

When we were square baling, that's what we did, you can guess who used to stook the bales and then pitch most of them.

I dont miss our square baler!!!

For the love of God man, why?? I don't think I ever square baled without a sleigh. The stress of it would give me hives.

We had a sleigh but it gave woeful bother and was abandoned. I cant remember the reasons.

It's all a distant memory now!

does anyone know how you drop the knives on a claas rollant 255View attachment 100195
Depends on the control box but set the knives to off then work the pick up up and down and keep pushing the spool after itā€™s done itā€™s full travel. Iā€™m not sure which direction it is

Iā€™m nearly certain itā€™s the pickup does it on the 255 it was the door circuit on the 46ā€™s

Depends on the control box but set the knives to off then work the pick up up and down and keep pushing the spool after itā€™s done itā€™s full travel. Iā€™m not sure which direction it is

Iā€™m nearly certain itā€™s the pickup does it on the 255 it was the door circuit on the 46ā€™s
thanks

Yes it is the pick up circuit, I leave the leaver in float after choosing the knives down position on the control box and take in a little of the crop to push the knives back down, not that I have used the baler to chop in years.

@MeathMassey3 is that a Kenneth Boohan sticker on the side of that 255? And are both pick up wheels modified in that they were turned in and welded to give the option that they could be left on the pick up? If so we had that baler from new
I'm not too sure on either, I'll have to ask yourman that had it, it was sold a few weeks ago after yourman that had it got a mchale. I know the baler originally came from down south somewhere, think it was Limerick or Cork, there was some modifications done with the wheels all right but I'm not too sure, I'll ask him on Friday, have to go put an axle in his 3cx for him.

Back