Which new 12x5ft 6" or 12 x 6 livestock

muckymanor

As the title says, a friend of mine is looking for recommendations for a new cattle trailer. Having borrowed our Nugent a few times, he is thinking strong about a Nugent. At €5600, are they the best value out there?

Getting them is the problem now, would you actually buy a 12ft nugent for €5600 now?
He has a quote for that at the moment. Trailer is in stock and ready to go. Some places have told him that there is a 6 month wait for them and can't give a price at all.

He has a quote for that at the moment. Trailer is in stock and ready to go. Some places have told him that there is a 6 month wait for them and can't give a price at all.
If its inc vat, its great value, even plus vat not dear
Tell him to get it bought, they are a good trailer and why wait 6 months.
Was only talking to a lad last week who has a, Ifor DP120 ordered with decks €8100 inc vat and they have gone up since he ordered

Waiting on a 12x6 Nugent with decks coming, ordered in January meant to be here this month.
£6350 + vat

Waiting on a 12x6 Nugent with decks coming, ordered in January meant to be here this month.
£6350 + vat

If its inc vat, its great value, even plus vat not dear
Tell him to get it bought, they are a good trailer and why wait 6 months.
Was only talking to a lad last week who has a, Ifor DP120 ordered with decks €8100 inc vat and they have gone up since he ordered
Good bit dearer than ifor Williams and 3 % vat less

I was looking at 2nd hand ones lately and I saw a few of the newer type Ifor Williams, the ones with the support bar on the side at the back door, I wasn't impressed by them, there was a lot of rust appearing in places, the older ones were better looking.
I came across a Nugent and it was in much better shape overall, a few wee small well thought out details in them that I would prefer over the IW. The only thing that put me of was the support bar running up the side, when you open the two wee access doors it runs across the middle and that put me of buying it. I'll probably get a Nugent though.

A lot of people say that IW's quality has gone down. Not sure but do see an awful lot more variety of makes turn up at market now vs 20 yrs ago.

Do Graham Edwards sell over the pond?

If he wants quality look no further than here...

saw an indespension 12X6 lately, seemed a well made trailer, owner reckons it's a lot heavier than his IF Williams (which he said wasn't suitable ffor any rough going and was falling to pieces)

This is a 2017 triaxle Ifor, they tend to depend a bit too much on all being well with the ramp hinges (which are flimsy anyway) and bush's to keep the whole body from flexing side to side
One of the hinges was gone on this and there is cracks on both sides

Attachments

• IMG_0423 (1).jpg
    IMG_0423 (1).jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 56
  • ifor crack.PNG
    ifor crack.PNG
    654.6 KB · Views: 57
Very popular around here, mostly bought from a gentleman from the South East who used to to frequent the marts. (sound bloke apparently)

Anyone that I asked are happy with them.

Andy ?

I think I've bought/traded/swapped 6 trailers over the years with him .

Back