Which parlour

Merv_B

What would lads say is the best make of parlour on the market or is it better to cherry pick features from each?

To milk in I'd say the dairymaster! I'll admit to being biased as we've one at home. However I've done quite a lot of relief milking over the years to quantify my opinion. The swing over arms and the removers work exceptionally well together and is very user friendly over all.

What would lads say is the best make of parlour on the market or is it better to cherry pick features from each?

Wouldnt recommend having different makes of acr meter pulsation or cluster, I think each company designs them to work together and different parts from different parlour may not work to the optimum together. Distance to dealer and dealer backup is important imo

don't know so much is it the make of parlour OR cluster for that matter, I don't think there is a lot in it TBH

things like pit depth and width and whats in your way when you walk up and down the pit are more important,

the other thing is cow position when u are putting on the unit etc

which parlour? was the Question not best machine ..... to have the best ( herringbone) parlour 1st thing is good collecting yard where ideal cows come straight into the yard with out turning and then continue straight into parlour . 2 having slopes correct so when cows standing in parlour they are standing slightly up hill, (more natural for cow) same goes for collecting yard. 3 ,good exit where cows can be drafted, no steps. 4 properly installed milking-machine with correct falls etc etc , there are few poor milking machine out there, there are many many poorly installed milking machines. the simple reality is that apart from electronic pulsation the milking machine is basicly the same as it was almost 35 years ago. ....... unless you consider robot????? maybe...???

Im a Fullwood fan, but you stick to what you know.

The lad that fitted our parlour was round on Saturday and he was praising the westfalia said its good quality stuf.

the parlour that has the least amount of unnecessary crap in it. and if you need all the crap, the one that got a good backup service.

Im a Fullwood fan, but you stick to what you know.

The lad that fitted our parlour was round on Saturday and he was praising the westfalia said its good quality stuf.

Thats the thing, I've only ever had Dairymaster so I'd obviously pick them.
Only thing I will say is I was looking at updating, I went to the ploughing and talked to a few about what they had, the salesman at Westfalia was a git, treated me like some young pup, put me right off :thumbdown:

I rate my wesfalia stuff fitted most myself,never had a dealer touch it in 9 years since I bought it,I've only bought replacement diaphrams and bought them from greenoak.:thumbup:

2nd choice would be de-laval,was dearer than wesfalia when I bought mine but good dealer locally.

3rd Dairymaster,local dealer went bust,farm I visited about his new parlour told me how good they were at repairing pcb boards when they blew:ohmy:

4th Fulwood no the best dealer locally and area rep was/is a cock.:thumbdown:

You might as well ask which tractor is best. The truth is that any make properly specced and installed will do the job. Local dealer back up and relationships are key because it's not something you want to change again for a long time. Mix and match of parts is ok if everything is going ok but if you have scc or bactoscan problems your on your own.

You might as well ask which tractor is best. The truth is that any make properly specced and installed will do the job. Local dealer back up and relationships are key because it's not something you want to change again for a long time. Mix and match of parts is ok if everything is going ok but if you have scc or bactoscan problems your on your own.

Just looking at some of the other threads on here at the moment and some are saying the Dairymaster ACRs are very good while for milk meters there are a few recommending various makes.

When they were milking at home it was through an eight unit DeLaval with jars. Remember when we still had the cable operated feeders and swinging out of them as a kid to get them to work, can even remember the day we moved over to pneumatic feeders.

I still got big dirty rope activated cashmans here, and I know plenty lads who use a bucket to fill the troughs with nuts!

They are trouble free and a excellent parlour.have one for the last 10 years and never has caused a spot of bother. There are other parlours on the market, maybe cheaper but they bring their own trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about your story, Iv herd of a good number who were far from trouble free, think that is a tad optimistic!

Back