Which tracked digger?

I was looking for something similar and everything will need work at that kind of budget
There was a lovely one in adare machinery for 6k plus the vat there 2 weeks ago, this man will only use it for cleaning out a few drains and gaps anything will do, and he’s a full time mechanic so I’d imagen a yoke needing work shouldn’t be an issue

You must be in the market for one if your looking that closely at them! What sort of one are you after.

I get an urge every now and then! Then I get a Hitachi 120 and the urge is temporarily cured.

Mid 80s or so. Likes of a 50D/H or black cab 3CX. I think the itch is cured for a while though

Reactions: max
I get an urge every now and then! Then I get a Hitachi 120 and the urge is temporarily cured.

Mid 80s or so. Likes of a 50D/H or black cab 3CX. I think the itch is cured for a while though
I had that urge for years, eventually got to scratch it and haven't done a fraction of what I thought I'd do, cleaned all drains the first year and put in a few short runs of stoned drain, a few other bits and pieces like a sunken trampoline ffs, when it comes to the bigger jobs its easier get in a 13 tonner or so and work with him on a tractor.

If you can’t stretch to a rototilth a steel wrist tilt coupler is the next best thing

Last edited:
I had that urge for years, eventually got to scratch it and haven't done a fraction of what I thought I'd do, cleaned all drains the first year and put in a few short runs of stoned drain, a few other bits and pieces like a sunken trampoline ffs, when it comes to the bigger jobs its easier get in a 13 tonner or so and work with him on a tractor.

That's it exactly and then I think the thing wouldn't clock up 50 hours a year and so the money is best put elsewhere.

Also any man you get in is usually following it every week and knows what they are at when it comes to more detailed work like foundations or drains.

I presume the green is the working range for digging here, at least that’s what I always took it to be anyway!

Attachments

• E802CF41-60F5-4815-95D9-D1E33B212299.jpeg
    E802CF41-60F5-4815-95D9-D1E33B212299.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I presume the green is the working range for digging here, at least that’s what I always took it to be anyway!
I don't think that's the dash off a tracked digger though, looks more like a 3cx to me.

Back