Wholecrop spring barley?

Just headlands is it gone?

Make the rest of it much easier to bring the rest of the way.
No, the whole field, he reckons it is the cheapest way to buy grain, he has wholecrop barley of his own, which is less advanced to go on top of it.

Would you have rats attack the silage pit if its pitted this way? Lets say if you had a layer of grass below and above the wholecrop

I have never seen straw so golden and grain so soft as when cutting spring barley on friday, i was expecting the straw to be allot greener

There’s 3 lads I do wholecrop bales for every year, they are good farmers and swear by it. They reckon once you don’t stack bales you don’t have rats. Between the 3 I would make 300-500 bales of wholecrop

Many acres? Big pit?
Nope, little pit of 20ac, don't do wholecrop anymore as not winter finishing cattle, used do allot when grain was cheaper. Switched over from crimping onto wholecrop due to less work. Cant afford grain for beef cattle nowadays!!

Nope, little pit of 20ac, don't do wholecrop anymore as not winter finishing cattle, used do allot when grain was cheaper. Switched over from crimping onto wholecrop due to less work. Cant afford grain for beef cattle nowadays!!
Is 20ac of wholecrop not bulky enough?

Not really, about 15 loads i reckon of the Smyth maybe 24ft trailers I think they are. Doubt there was 20 loads of it. A 60x100 sheet covered it and 20ac of silage easily
Any pictures, I'm sure readers of this thread would like to see what 20ac of wholecrop looks like in a heap?

Back