Wholesale Welding Supplies

jf 850

I see the above company have a special offer on their 'own brand ' MMA 200 inverter welder @€225 + vat.
Supposed to be made for them by Parweld , and includes a box of rods , auto helmet , and a pair of welding gloves.
I have a possibly 5 year old Thermal arc 175 , as well as a now rarely used 250 amp fan cooled arc welder.
Anyone ever bought one of these offer welders ?

I see the above company have a special offer on their 'own brand ' MMA 200 inverter welder @€225 + vat.
Supposed to be made for them by Parweld , and includes a box of rods , auto helmet , and a pair of welding gloves.
I have a possibly 5 year old Thermal arc 175 , as well as a now rarely used 250 amp fan cooled arc welder.
Anyone ever bought one of these offer welders ?
Bought the parweld 160 in the same offer a goood few years ago, it was a great welder in fairness to it and did a lot of welding here.. was used then turned up to the last One day, I'm not exactly sure how long or hard it was ran for as I wasn't the one using it but a day or 2 later I was welding and there was a pop and a fizzle and that was the end of it.. been debating what to replace it with all summer and been thinking about that 200amp your talking about, only real reason I was considering it over the 160 is that I assume the duty cycle around 120amps would be higher than the 160, I was generally running it around he 100-120mark so not sure wether to bother with the bigger welder

Bought the parweld 160 in the same offer a goood few years ago, it was a great welder in fairness to it and did a lot of welding here.. was used then turned up to the last One day, I'm not exactly sure how long or hard it was ran for as I wasn't the one using it but a day or 2 later I was welding and there was a pop and a fizzle and that was the end of it.. been debating what to replace it with all summer and been thinking about that 200amp your talking about, only real reason I was considering it over the 160 is that I assume the duty cycle around 120amps would be higher than the 160, I was generally running it around he 100-120mark so not sure wether to bother with the bigger welder

It seems to be good value ? I couldn't say a word against my Thermal arc.
I presume if you go for the bigger model , it will seldom be under pressure , and hopefully last longer.

I remember an acquaintance buying a new inverter about 12 or 13 years ago , and it cost €700.

My first inverter cost 600 punts.... A small fortune to a young buck ....lent it a lad years later and was told it 'stopped' working and was a pile of rubbish....personally would nt bother with anything parweld. I know some of the repair lads in UK say not to even post them overk don't waste the postage, they are not worth fixing...then again whichwire senior has a cupboard full of new aldi grinders ready to go when the current ones goes up in smoke and has a kiniption when I spend over 100 on a 4.5'' gender...different strokes...

Ive a jasic and it's a great welder .
Ive used it turned up to the last for a couple.of hours and it was perfect lovely weld with it would recommend no problem

What knackers a lot of welders of any type is people turn them off straight after using them instead of leave them on for the fan to cool them off first, local hire firm is fed up of people cooking the inverters in that way.

It seems to be good value ? I couldn't say a word against my Thermal arc.
I presume if you go for the bigger model , it will seldom be under pressure , and hopefully last longer.

I remember an acquaintance buying a new inverter about 12 or 13 years ago , and it cost €700.
The brother and a friend of his were welding up trusses the other day and yer man has a parweld inverter and the brother had my Thermal Arc and the genny going at the same time at some other bit of the steel work. The Parweld wasn't a patch on the Thermal arc apparently and both lads said the same.

The digital display (and controls?) would be enough to put me off tbh, just something to end its life quicker.
Also worth making sure that it will work away on a 13 amp plug, vital really if doing work away from the Workshop.

What knackers a lot of welders of any type is people turn them off straight after using them instead of leave them on for the fan to cool them off first, local hire firm is fed up of people cooking the inverters in that way.
Mine has a timer on it.runs for about 10 seconds after switching off

Odds are the wws model is very closely related to the parweld, possibly the same machine with the adjustments turned up to the last and a shorter expected lifespan

Have to say apart from an occasional tendency to stick I couldn't really fault the thermal arc

I gave 850 for my first inverter.
Was a good make and nice to use .
Still when it stopped working a few years later and I sent it back to the importers in Dublin it was uneconomic to repair.
I've bought cheap enough ones since since and been happy enough. Currently have a bright green 180 amp which is going well.
Think it's from sip

Last edited:
I really like my par weld 160 has completed allot of heavy welding and packs a big punch for the size of it. Much of the time it is used in cattle sheds ETC so not the best environment for technology but so far so good think its 4 year old, for the price I think its hard to beat although I changed the hand piece to one below much better feel to it.
s-l400.jpg

Just Purchased a Parweld 252i Mig welder so will keep you posted how it goes.

Old ideal sip 240 finally given up after 12 years of service.

My first inverter cost 600 punts.... A small fortune to a young buck ....lent it a lad years later and was told it 'stopped' working and was a pile of rubbish....personally would nt bother with anything parweld. I know some of the repair lads in UK say not to even post them overk don't waste the postage, they are not worth fixing...then again whichwire senior has a cupboard full of new aldi grinders ready to go when the current ones goes up in smoke and has a kiniption when I spend over 100 on a 4.5'' gender...different strokes...
You should have said to him that you will be calling over for a loan of his top of the range new welder when he purchases it. The cheek of some fcukers :angry:

I really like my par weld 160 has completed allot of heavy welding and packs a big punch for the size of it. Much of the time it is used in cattle sheds ETC so not the best environment for technology but so far so good think its 4 year old, for the price I think its hard to beat although I changed the hand piece to one below much better feel to it.
s-l400.jpg

Just Purchased a Parweld 252i Mig welder so will keep you posted how it goes.

Old ideal sip 240 finally given up after 12 years of service.

i find the electrodes fall out of the yellow holders often, especially 4.0mm rods. i used to put a 10mm nut inside the brass in the handle to stop it happening. my local didn't stock the red holders for a long time but after trying them out i won't go back to the yellow.

Attachments

• Arc-welding-electrode-holder-400A-twist-grip-red-photo.jpg
    Arc-welding-electrode-holder-400A-twist-grip-red-photo.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 21
i find the electrodes fall out of the yellow holders often, especially 4.0mm rods. i used to put a 10mm nut inside the brass in the handle to stop it happening. my local didn't stock the red holders for a long time but after trying them out i won't go back to the yellow.
What's the difference? I've never had any bother with the yellow one but I'd only be using 3.2's

The red ones are good for that type, so far I have found this type the best:

esab-electrode-holder-large.jpg

What's the difference? I've never had any bother with the yellow one but I'd only be using 3.2's

Same as tractorted. Have a yellow one for years on the "big welder ". Only use 3.2s . Doesent get much use now. The thermal arc inverter has the same cheapy rod holder that it came with, despite a good bit of use.
Never saw one in candors link before.

Same as tractorted. Have a yellow one for years on the "big welder ". Only use 3.2s . Doesent get much use now. The thermal arc inverter has the same cheapy rod holder that it came with, despite a good bit of use.
Never saw one in candors link before.
Is that the crocodile clip holder that came with the thermal arc? Got one of them with my parweld inverter and switched to the yellow one after

Is that the crocodile clip holder that came with the thermal arc? Got one of them with my parweld inverter and switched to the yellow one after

Yes , that's the type. I couldn't think of a description for it myself. I expected it to burn out /fall apart in 6 months , but still working 5 years on. I might look for candors type whenever it expires.

Back