Wildlife on the farm.

I was in a boat with a white outboard motor and a swan thought the motor was another swan and kept attacking it . I could hear Jaws music. A lesser person would have hit it with a paddle.
Were you up a creek?......:lol:

I always remember as a young lad hearing that a swan had broken somebody’s arm - I couldn’t believe it at the time.

Karma.......

this is one of the magpies that was terrorising nesting Blue tits in this shed in recent nights.

I thought he was resting up there. He’s dead.

Not sure what happened to him but I did put down storm nearby in recent days.

Happy Days.
D034BA4E-3ABF-4B78-B85A-CB1ADC7517CE.jpeg

Karma.......

this is one of the magpies that was terrorising nesting Blue tits in this shed in recent nights.

I thought he was resting up there. He’s dead.

Not sure what happened to him but I did put down storm nearby in recent days.

Happy Days.
View attachment 77231
Looks like he died in his sleep !!!!! The grey herons hatch here every year, the tree is hardly 50 yards from the house..3 very obvious but there are at least 7 up there.IMG_20200501_092821.jpg

I heard my 1st cuckoo of 2020 on Wednesday evening in the bog . I wasn't there for months , so its possible that it has bee n there weeks now . I haven't heard one anywhere else in 2020.

Have noticed a field near my house lately with power lines running along the edge of it at a roadside and between the power lines and the ground the crows seem to number in the thousands some evenings. Must try get a picture some day.
Kind of an eerie sight alright.

I think it was one of these that landed on my shoulder today. Swatted him away before he bit. Was feckin huge, at least 3 times the size of a regular horsefly. Heard the buzzing which was different to normal and looked around and he was there. Creepy yoke.

https://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/large-marsh-horsefly

That wouldn't be warble fly would it? I remember my father telling me about them years ago they were huge flys that laid eggs into cattle skin. You could here them buzzing long ways away.

Back