winter barley 2018

Good barley harvest here so far. Things generally in and around 4 tonne. Bit of old continuous ground 3.7, 2nd after maize (ploughed) 3.9, cassia after maize ploughed)4.5, carveval after rape (no-till) 4.1 and Sandra 2nd after ley no-till 3.9
Ploughed cassia after rape approx 3.8 but only guessing as a patch left to be cut for seed

Good barley harvest here so far. Things generally in and around 4 tonne. Bit of old continuous ground 3.7, 2nd after maize (ploughed) 3.9, cassia after maize ploughed)4.5, carveval after rape (no-till) 4.1 and Sandra 2nd after ley no-till 3.9
Ploughed cassia after rape approx 3.8 but only guessing as a patch left to be cut for seed
Are you in hectares or acres Louis!!!

The futures market just took a nosedive. :lol:Collective sigh from Ukraine and the Palouse.

Wow! 4.5 ? Has to be an All Ireland record?

Added up dockets this morning , 3.45 at 16% , 11 4x4 bales per acre, not the best but considering the year happy enough. It’s in continuous winter barley so might be due a rotation or else give it a lot of organic fert, hard to take it out of barley as the straw sells well and is cleared behind the Baler.

Added up dockets this morning , 3.45 at 16% , 11 4x4 bales per acre, not the best but considering the year happy enough. It’s in continuous winter barley so might be due a rotation or else give it a lot of organic fert, hard to take it out of barley as the straw sells well and is cleared behind the Baler.
Stick in a cheap cover crop

Just read your yield post. I'm putting in a group bulk order for plough parts. Text me on the list of everything you need and I'll add you in.
You obviously only cherry picked the bits you wanted to see, you sound just like someone else I know :sneaky:

Ploughed fields accounted for 8 elevator bars, 5 sections and 4 fingers between 2 combines.
Combining no-till fields is like visiting a spa retreat in comparison

You obviously only cherry picked the bits you wanted to see, you sound just like someone else I know :sneaky:

Ploughed fields accounted for 8 elevator bars, 5 sections and 4 fingers between 2 combines.
Combining no-till fields is like visiting a spa retreat in comparison

No prejudices here, it's just you've been too quiet lately. Have you any spare drivers down there? The lad that drives the baler here has been signed off work for 3wrs by his chiropractor.

No prejudices here, it's just you've been too quiet lately. Have you any spare drivers down there? The lad that drives the baler here has been signed off work for 3wrs by his chiropractor.
Haha I know have been quiet...ould lad joined twitter to keep an eye on me you see

Ffs. Is chiropractor not like a witch doctor?? Didn’t think they had that kind of power...

Spare drivers??? Good one...even the accounts payable lady is driving a blower lorry at the minute keeping all these cows fed

Back