Winter Barley 2021

I gave the barley the last of the N today, there is 5 acres that got no weed spray (weather biggest factor) so we will see how that works out. The rest has all just got a weed and insect spray in backend and 120 units of N in total

Still no T1 out on WB here, have all the chemicals there but medax max is in the mix so I’m planning to go out Monday as the apps are forecasting warmer nights by then. Still very clean but you can find the odd bit of Rhynco, I’d imagen the frost these nights is acting as a natural growth regulator and preventing a lot of disease developing at the minute.

I’d like to retract my statement from last night. Walked the barley again today and seen rhynco had further developed since Sunday so said I’d go with the fungicide and some trace elements, not supposed to go below 5 degrees tonight but there was frost on the car this morning so left out the medax max for now

Attachments

• 7986FE2B-3146-4612-9894-9915EDD7182E.jpeg
    7986FE2B-3146-4612-9894-9915EDD7182E.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 5F9FD7CD-2F15-48A2-B2E0-F9A43264D39E.jpeg
    5F9FD7CD-2F15-48A2-B2E0-F9A43264D39E.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 53
Sorry for spamming again. The joyua isn’t as good a crop as castings here it’s very uneven. It went in much better conditions and soil has much better indices but it never got a weed spray in the backend and is very dirty at the base. This morning it got hurler and ally max to try clean up some weeds. 2 hours later it got 0.35kg medax max, 1 litre coyote, 5kg combitop. It seemed to have stayed at 6/7 degrees all night last night and forecast for week looks relatively warm. However YR showing potential frost again next weekend so decided to get it on now. I’ll give the barley that got T1 yesterday medax max Monday or Tuesday.

Attachments

• B4458EC8-BC00-4E31-B9B6-5B4F63C3B6E4.jpeg
    B4458EC8-BC00-4E31-B9B6-5B4F63C3B6E4.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 7FB1EA39-6A58-4A28-B1E9-09CF5713C8A3.jpeg
    7FB1EA39-6A58-4A28-B1E9-09CF5713C8A3.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 53
  • E7EB1319-F998-4ED1-92B3-2973D4381389.jpeg
    E7EB1319-F998-4ED1-92B3-2973D4381389.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 53
Sorry for spamming again. The joyua isn’t as good a crop as castings here it’s very uneven. It went in much better conditions and soil has much better indices but it never got a weed spray in the backend and is very dirty at the base. This morning it got hurler and ally max to try clean up some weeds. 2 hours later it got 0.35kg medax max, 1 litre coyote, 5kg combitop. It seemed to have stayed at 6/7 degrees all night last night and forecast for week looks relatively warm. However YR showing potential frost again next weekend so decided to get it on now. I’ll give the barley that got T1 yesterday medax max Monday or Tuesday.
Great weather for tillage up the west other than the cold.

Ya ground has dried up somthing unreal. I know a man with a weaving direct drill and he’s even finding it hard get coulters in the ground it’s that hard
Is he trying to sow grass or what with it? Hopefully not, I'd be very slow to even think about trying to sow grass seed with a direct drill with ground as dry as it is currently and temperatures so cold.

Is he trying to sow grass or what with it? Hopefully not, I'd be very slow to even think about trying to sow grass seed with a direct drill with ground as dry as it is currently and temperatures so cold.
No it’s for cereals. Ya far too cold for grass yet although I have seen grass being sowed in ballinasloe, athenry and Athlone already

Flag leaf just about out in this. I'm undecided whether to give it 1.5 of Terpal or the full rate. I might include .5l of coyote to keep it clean. After that it'll get a litre of multiple and 3-4kg epsotop.
The last pic is beside a pigtail stake to give an idea of height. 20210422_192504.jpg20210422_192606.jpg20210422_192621.jpg

How long would you leave a sprayer loaded with chemical before it would want to be used?. It has Stavento, Coyote, Gramitrel, Terpal and Epsotop in it. It got to late Monday evening to go to a bit I have that's away from from home and I thought I'd have got it yesterday morning but the rain got there first. It's bitter out today and I'm reluctant to go on with Terpal in the mix.

How long would you leave a sprayer loaded with chemical before it would want to be used?. It has Stavento, Coyote, Gramitrel, Terpal and Epsotop in it. It got to late Monday evening to go to a bit I have that's away from from home and I thought I'd have got it yesterday morning but the rain got there first. It's bitter out today and I'm reluctant to go on with Terpal in the mix.
When did you last give it a mix?

Trace elements and sitting in a tank with fungicides and shortener are not good, but what do you do.
Can you adgetate it and then suck a bit more water and turn it off while filling so there is only water in the lines and pump.

If you’ve got emulsifiable concentrâtes in the tank I’d chance allowing it without agitation for a couple of hours, but no more than that. If you’ve got suspension concentrates in the tank it’d need agitating every 15-20 mins...

Back