Winter Barley 2021

Still have nightmares from the last time we skipped Terpal. A lot less growth this year though. Despite the less than ideal conditions we applied a handy rate (0.8 l/ha) Friday and yesterday. Barley can double in height after awns and we are very much overdue a warm growth spell.

Infinity winter barely, seriously considering skipping Terpal, it already has 0.5 CCC and 0.2 Moddus. If it doubles in height it won't be a tall crop. Looking at long range forecast no big temperature coming either.

Attachments

• DSC_0197.JPG
    DSC_0197.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0198.JPG
    DSC_0198.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 18
Looks like it'll be just 2 fungicides here, final fungicide end of next week. I'm worried about WB, has always been under stress, never developed into a proper lush crop, it never really evened up and even the flag leaf has now been burned with frost, grain fill is only the transfer of the plants energy from foliage to grain, I don't think the energy is in the foliage, it's earing out and very short. Not expecting huge yield, and if there was ever a year for Ramularia this is it. Sorry for the negativity but I am not expecting big yield.

Looks like it'll be just 2 fungicides here, final fungicide end of next week. I'm worried about WB, has always been under stress, never developed into a proper lush crop, it never really evened up and even the flag leaf has now been burned with frost, grain fill is only the transfer of the plants energy from foliage to grain, I don't think the energy is in the foliage, it's earing out and very short. Not expecting huge yield, and if there was ever a year for Ramularia this is it. Sorry for the negativity but I am not expecting big yield.
Is it awning out already?. I was through mine yesterday and there isn't an awn to be seen. I split a few stems and I think it'll be a week before I see any paint brushes peeping.

Is it awning out already?. I was through mine yesterday and there isn't an awn to be seen. I split a few stems and I think it'll be a week before I see any paint brushes peeping.
Yes six row joyau the head is about to emerge, carneval and Valerie the awns are just peeping. We would be a good bit earlier down here than you I'd imagine.

Yes six row joyau the head is about to emerge, carneval and Valerie the awns are just peeping. We would be a good bit earlier down here than you I'd imagine.
For a small country it does often amaze me the difference in crops from south to midlands and up north.
I haven't given much thought to what I'll apply as a final spray but most likely something along the lines of Ceriax, stavento, multiple, and epsotop. I put out a half litre of coyote with the Terpal at flag leaf and I don't feel the need to go with something like that again. Barley for the most part is clean enough which I'm putting down to the cold weather.

For a small country it does often amaze me the difference in crops from south to midlands and up north.
I haven't given much thought to what I'll apply as a final spray but most likely something along the lines of Ceriax, stavento, multiple, and epsotop. I put out a half litre of coyote with the Terpal at flag leaf and I don't feel the need to go with something like that again. Barley for the most part is clean enough which I'm putting down to the cold weather.
Ceriax is gone off the market

Joyau would be an early variety , have 35 acres around home and it’s very nice with no tipping and 20 acres 12 miles away in a north facing field that is very thick but got some tipping , I think it’s more to do with wind and cold rather than the sprayer. Was through 280 acres of barley with the sprayer yesterday and all are nice thick crops , some are not to tall at all but there’s loads of potential there.

Joyau would be an early variety , have 35 acres around home and it’s very nice with no tipping and 20 acres 12 miles away in a north facing field that is very thick but got some tipping , I think it’s more to do with wind and cold rather than the sprayer. Was through 280 acres of barley with the sprayer yesterday and all are nice thick crops , some are not to tall at all but there’s loads of potential there.
Did you manage to get terpal on everything or did you skip some ?

Hopefully I'm wrong. Good prices and good yields would be a lovely combination.

The Bazooka is really filling out the last few days. I had a little spray left after spraying for a neighbour and put it on one headland at a reduced rate, to clean out the sprayer, a bit hot, the over spray where I turned is nearly as good as gramoxone.
20210508_172616.jpg20210508_172626.jpg20210508_172647.jpg20210508_172814.jpg

Back