Winter oats 2021

I may go look at the field which should be more forward tomorrow so!
Check how you are being paid for moisture, some places don't pay moisture bonuses so pays well to cut rare.
In this weather oats can drop to very low moisture very quickly.

Tried doing a moisture test there but the shells still on them I assume they would want to be off, it’s reading 9%. I hear oats have to be very fit before you attempt to go near them. Any advice on how to set combine for them

Attachments

• 2BFCC7BF-8543-4B38-851C-15C33AF7C8E3.jpeg
    2BFCC7BF-8543-4B38-851C-15C33AF7C8E3.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 31
Tried doing a moisture test there but the shells still on them I assume they would want to be off, it’s reading 9%. I hear oats have to be very fit before you attempt to go near them. Any advice on how to set combine for them
Reduce the drum speed as much as you dare, about 700rpm I think on a TX.
Open the drum till it is leaving the odd grain in the head, then close one notch.
Run the fan at about 60%.
Close top sieve a small bit from barley setting and close bottom sieve a bit more.
Get out and check and fine tune above.

Make sure that the de-awning plates are removed and I think the third drum can be lifted out of work on the TX?

Looks as good as some of mine, going to look at it later and then go for a chew tomorrow possibly.

Back