Winter Wheat 2021

Any one sow conros before? How did you find it? Hope to sow tomorrow or wed only have maize cut want to cover pit today and plough tonight and tomorrow.

Any one sow conros before? How did you find it? Hope to sow tomorrow or wed only have maize cut want to cover pit today and plough tonight and tomorrow.
I’ve had in trials for a number of years, good and steady. It doesn’t get Yellow Rust and doesn’t sprout to easily either.

I’ve had in trials for a number of years, good and steady. It doesn’t get Yellow Rust and doesn’t sprout to easily either.
That's something anyway. What's yeild and straw like? Does it stand well? For years we had JB and last year sowed Graham as thought jb had lost its vigor.

Sorry for asking this as I’d say this has been asked before but are the scores for disease for example based on not being treated or treated ?

Sorry for asking this as I’d say this has been asked before but are the scores for disease for example based on not being treated or treated ?
@CORK will be able to tell you exactly how it works, but from my understanding the varieties are grown both with and without fungicides and both plots are judged at a few stages to access how much disease is present and the score is based on how the variety preforms in both plots.

@CORK will be able to tell you exactly how it works, but from my understanding the varieties are grown both with and without fungicides and both plots are judged at a few stages to access how much disease is present and the score is based on how the variety preforms in both plots.
That’s pretty much it! :yes:

Very interesting ! I don’t know anything about growing Wheat bar what I learned in college but that does usually be far from reality stuff. Would the likes of Costello be a lower yielding variety but an easier manage crop ? What I mean is in comparison to let’s say Bennington. Would the spray program for that be more intense with a product such as revysol but a much higher yield obtained after ? Where as Costello could grow with a cheaper product due to its resistance or tolerance to disease but give a lower yield? I’m just basing these assumptions on the recommended list and there’s no real need for an answer other than I want a greater understanding

The weather makes a lot of difference with Wheat. You could go for three years putting a cheaper spray on wheat and be caught in year four. With wheat the important spray and timing is T2 . All other sprays are flexible enough.

Very interesting ! I don’t know anything about growing Wheat bar what I learned in college but that does usually be far from reality stuff. Would the likes of Costello be a lower yielding variety but an easier manage crop ? What I mean is in comparison to let’s say Bennington. Would the spray program for that be more intense with a product such as revysol but a much higher yield obtained after ? Where as Costello could grow with a cheaper product due to its resistance or tolerance to disease but give a lower yield? I’m just basing these assumptions on the recommended list and there’s no real need for an answer other than I want a greater understanding
Most I've talked to get on well with JB and Costello. Not so much Bennington. They are reliable over lots of seasons

Back