Winter Wheat 2021

I have strong ley ground going into wheat, silage was just cut off it 3 days ago, lime landed today and I’ll get it out ASAP, I’m thinking of giving the field till the weekend just to green up and then in with round up, what do ye think or would ye just plough? Have some nightmares about when I ploughed that spring barley ground without spraying off

I have strong ley ground going into wheat, silage was just cut off it 3 days ago, lime landed today and I’ll get it out ASAP, I’m thinking of giving the field till the weekend just to green up and then in with round up, what do ye think or would ye just plough? Have some nightmares about when I ploughed that spring barley ground without spraying off
Spray it off. You'll thank yourself for it.

Spray off now or wait to Go green

Attachments

• 98C51683-8411-446E-B7AA-49635C279D83.jpeg
    98C51683-8411-446E-B7AA-49635C279D83.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 67
Waiting to cut some maize then will plough and get wheat in. Looking at sowing Graham. Some guys around here have sowed last week.

Sown 27th September, land was fallow the last 4 years at least, was supposed to be warehouses built on it for a distillery which hasn’t gone ahead yet, a run of a major cyclone and in with the plough had to plough wider than normal which left the front furrow not matching up great in places , however a run of the paddle roller and it wasn’t in bad shape to sow into with the onepass.

Attachments

• A5082B42-D0FA-4A6E-8554-513AF026DD7B.jpeg
    A5082B42-D0FA-4A6E-8554-513AF026DD7B.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 142
  • CE238D67-F9DA-466B-96B6-94645186B467.jpeg
    CE238D67-F9DA-466B-96B6-94645186B467.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 77B952E0-5EAF-4296-AFF5-8C1821E36098.jpeg
    77B952E0-5EAF-4296-AFF5-8C1821E36098.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 9F00D42E-85E7-412D-A8CF-52315DBBCAD0.jpeg
    9F00D42E-85E7-412D-A8CF-52315DBBCAD0.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 142
Sown 27th September, land was fallow the last 4 years at least, was supposed to be warehouses built on it for a distillery which hasn’t gone ahead yet, a run of a major cyclone and in with the plough had to plough wider than normal which left the front furrow not matching up great in places , however a run of the paddle roller and it wasn’t in bad shape to sow into with the onepass.
Cool. Beautiful looking land. Nice equipment too.
Couldn’t they find an old bad bit of land to build on instead?

Cool. Beautiful looking land. Nice equipment too.
Couldn’t they find an old bad bit of land to build on instead?
Yeah pity nice big field left idle, couldn’t see the plans going ahead it’s too far west and road access wouldn’t be great if there were going to be a lot of lorries about

What’s a major cyclone like for cleaning up ground ?

What’s a major cyclone like for cleaning up ground ?
It’s ok there’s probably better machines out there wouldn’t really give much of a mulching affect if you’re trying to push on like we were it did the job and made it much easier to plough

It’s ok there’s probably better machines out there wouldn’t really give much of a mulching affect if you’re trying to push on like we were it did the job and made it much easier to plough
Be better with a mulcher flail Type machine then

Did it get a lick of roundup? any scutch in it? Bono was to build a distillery near me in Monastrevin, I think the planning all went through but very little action on it now.

Did it get a lick of roundup? any scutch in it? Bono was to build a distillery near me in Monastrevin, I think the planning all went through but very little action on it now.
It was rounduped it possibly should have been left longer but it should still work it’s way in it got 6 days, one headland was very scutchy under a high hedge, I actually had to take off the skimmers to finish out, not sure what the delay on the distillery is there was deep test holes dug in parts of it we filled them in with the loading shovel

It was rounduped it possibly should have been left longer but it should still work it’s way in it got 6 days, one headland was very scutchy under a high hedge, I actually had to take off the skimmers to finish out, not sure what the delay on the distillery is there was deep test holes dug in parts of it we filled them in with the loading shovel
Just been nosey sorry do you own the land?

Just burned off that ground there, 2 litres to the acre of Gallup. Got an hour and a bit on in dry conditions but heavy rain landed now so praying it was enough to make it work. Will give it till the weekend now and then move in with plough and drill

Just burned off that ground there, 2 litres to the acre of Gallup. Got an hour and a bit on in dry conditions but heavy rain landed now so praying it was enough to make it work. Will give it till the weekend now and then move in with plough and drill
If it went onto a dry leaf then you should be fine.

If you had sprayed it by accident with 5L/Ha then no amount of watering would save it.

Reactions: Paw
If it went onto a dry leaf then you should be fine.

If you had sprayed it by accident with 5L/Ha then no amount of watering would save it.
It went on dry as a cork because sun was shining all morning but far to windy to spray, so when the wind died I went straight in with sprayer. It probably was 5L per hectare that it got it, I’m still in the Stone Age dealing with acres

Roll or not ? Sown today going nice and white rain tomorrow

Attachments

• 002662AF-D6F8-47C3-8F1F-FAA89D3FFD2A.jpeg
    002662AF-D6F8-47C3-8F1F-FAA89D3FFD2A.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 6A089B47-CF8E-45CE-8BA9-773634127630.jpeg
    6A089B47-CF8E-45CE-8BA9-773634127630.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 74
Back