Winter wheat 2022

There is a crop of winter wheat sowed directly into the grass which had been sprayed off . It would be hard to see the scribe marks .

Attachments

• EF8CCC07-5D0B-4FEC-9F48-B5D31AA1CBE7.jpeg
    EF8CCC07-5D0B-4FEC-9F48-B5D31AA1CBE7.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 43594A40-9529-4F04-BE8D-1C4EC8FF7676.jpeg
    43594A40-9529-4F04-BE8D-1C4EC8FF7676.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 7E38E86A-5A07-40B2-9318-9CA6FA61E869.jpeg
    7E38E86A-5A07-40B2-9318-9CA6FA61E869.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 93
How late could you plant winter wheat? Have a field of beet to pull next week and if the weather holds I have an itch to plough for wheat with conditions so good.

How late could you plant winter wheat? Have a field of beet to pull next week and if the weather holds I have an itch to plough for wheat with conditions so good.
We sowed wheat after beet in December for a few years and I'd have no bother doing it again but you need to be prepared to spend time battling crows. I'd much rather a December sown crop of wheat than a February one.

That’s looks super. What kind of tine drill have you?
It's a 4.8m kverneland ts evo. That was its first day out here everything sowed up to 7th November was sowed with a horsch. Problem with drag drills is in a tricky autumn or when it rains between cultivation and sowing conditions are just not suitable for them to do good work. The idea of the tine drill was as a tool when the weather is against you and you want to place and cover seed with minimal disturbance to the seedbed

It's a 4.8m kverneland ts evo. That was its first day out here everything sowed up to 7th November was sowed with a horsch. Problem with drag drills is in a tricky autumn or when it rains between cultivation and sowing conditions are just not suitable for them to do good work. The idea of the tine drill was as a tool when the weather is against you and you want to place and cover seed with minimal disturbance to the seedbed
What was the prep before the KV drill? They’re a popular drill across the water late in the season. Post some pics of the emergence if you can?

What was the prep before the KV drill? They’re a popular drill across the water late in the season. Post some pics of the emergence if you can?
Yes I will post a few once it's up but that could be best part of 4 weeks this time of the year. The pic above is into spring oilseed rape stubbles, it got a run of a kverneland qualidisc first to mix the chopped straw, roughly five inches deep. Later then it got a run of a horsch terrano slightly deeper to take out any hard layer that the disc might ride over and to mix the chopped straw more uniformly. The bean stubble just got one run of the terrano as slugs aren't as big of an issue.

Back