Wiring lights 300 series mf

Sea12

Hi long term lurker first time poster.
Hope some experts can advise me.

I was changing the rear work lights to led lights as the old lights didn’t give out allot of light. Bought two to try them out.
Wired them up and they are working fine but now the front left work light and head light are not working. I wasn’t near the wiring for those. Any ideas what I did

I'd start with checking the bulbs. Maybe damp conditions has caused corrosion. Sometimes you get a layer of whitish corrusion on the galvanised bulb holder preventing proper contact. Also seen the wire into the bulb corrode when not used for some time. Circled in pic.

Might just be coincidence that they stopped working when you changed the rear lights as you had the lights on. Swap the connectors over on the front head lights and see what happens.

Attachments

• Studio_20210116_220024.png
    Studio_20210116_220024.png
    44 KB · Views: 5
I'd start with checking the bulbs. Maybe damp conditions has caused corrosion. Sometimes you get a layer of whitish corrusion on the galvanised bulb holder preventing proper contact. Also seen the wire into the bulb corrode when not used for some time. Circled in pic.

Might just be coincidence that they stopped working when you changed the rear lights as you had the lights on. Swap the connectors over on the front head lights and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply.
the lights were all working fine the previous day so think it’s something I did. I must change the bulb from the side working and see does it work.

Back