Wood chippers

My Way

I am looking for a small wood chipper 100mm max size but will be chipping smaller sizes almost all of the time.
its going to be used two or three times a week mostly on saplings and brash .
I have been looking at the Deleks D800 B&S 15hp as this appears to fit the bill without being overly taxed.
Anybody dealt with this company or have a better make in mind?

I am looking for a small wood chipper 100mm max size but will be chipping smaller sizes almost all of the time.
its going to be used two or three times a week mostly on saplings and brash .
I have been looking at the Deleks D800 B&S 15hp as this appears to fit the bill without being overly taxed.
Anybody dealt with this company or have a better make in mind?

@JohnBoy

100mm is a lot for 15hp and self feed.

Have you ever used a woodchipper before?

I've hired a few times and have a self feed PTO chipper that's rated for 5 inches and would probably want 40hp to do 4.

I wouldn't want to be self feeding 3 times a week either, for self feeding to work you need to be only feeding straight stuff which means a lot of trimming to remove branches, it would keep you fit anyway.

Unless it's very straight light stuff or occasional use like me then I think self feed is essential.

A hire machine with self feed will have me sweating trying to keep stuff drawn to it. The self feed I have will have me sweating preparing material for it to feed through. Will get through four or five times the stuff in the same time

I have a tractor driven one like johnboy only occasional use but it does the job fine, makes tidy work of leylande trees. Id say I could had to pay the price of the chopper to dispose of 25 trees earlier in the year. Cost me something close to €1,000 As John said, stuff needs to be cut down to tidy enough sizes to be able to push through the funnel.
I’m useless at IT so haven’t a hope of putting up a link. I will try to find a few photos.

It's been grand for my needs anyway, couple of days a year. For anything more I'd want a feeding one.

Minor problems with delivery, took About 10-14 days and for some reason I couldn't contact the truck company directly, had to go through the sellers. By the time it landed I was going to be away but they were able to redirect it to a neighbor.

For the money I figured I couldn't go wrong. I mean it's two pillow block bearing a and some steel with a blade bolted to it.

Identical machines here were twice the price

It's been grand for my needs anyway, couple of days a year. For anything more I'd want a feeding one.

Minor problems with delivery, took About 10-14 days and for some reason I couldn't contact the truck company directly, had to go through the sellers. By the time it landed I was going to be away but they were able to redirect it to a neighbor.

For the money I figured I couldn't go wrong. I mean it's two pillow block bearing a and some steel with a blade bolted to it.

Identical machines here were twice the price
It says self feeding on the blurb??

Once you have a tractor it’s great value. I saw an electric one recently in a shop which was over €600 and it would fit a sweeping brush handle diameter but wouldn’t fit a shovel handle diameter. That would be useless to me.
No issues with delivery here.

Saw an almost new one with a 13hp petrol Mitsubishi engine in a dealer lately,2400 he was looking.the feed in hopper was almost vertical,so maybe it would keep falling in .
My brother is looking for one for a compact tractor but I think he wants a power feed

The problem is with any sort of a fork it will just stop.

A feeding machine will just pull it in

100mm is a lot for 15hp and self feed.

Have you ever used a woodchipper before?

I've hired a few times and have a self feed PTO chipper that's rated for 5 inches and would probably want 40hp to do 4.

I wouldn't want to be self feeding 3 times a week either, for self feeding to work you need to be only feeding straight stuff which means a lot of trimming to remove branches, it would keep you fit anyway.

Unless it's very straight light stuff or occasional use like me then I think self feed is essential.

A hire machine with self feed will have me sweating trying to keep stuff drawn to it. The self feed I have will have me sweating preparing material for it to feed through. Will get through four or five times the stuff in the same time

I have this one that I bought 2nd hand and so dont know the make and model. Works well on a Zetor 8111 but even with the infeed rollers it is hard work.

Attachments

• 20200922_100124.jpg
    20200922_100124.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 134
@jf 850 I think it's 7 trees we have in the front yard, which is not a big yard, 4 cars would be a lot in it. Then round the back there's a bunch more, ash, mountain ash, sycamore, holly and a hedge of whitethorn.

I dream that in a hundred years time the place might end up with a similar ambiance to Bog Man's staff quarters maybe. Although the house is probably a bit small.

Attachments

• PXL_20211226_092249258.jpg
    PXL_20211226_092249258.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20211226_092358031.jpg
    PXL_20211226_092358031.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20211226_092418682.jpg
    PXL_20211226_092418682.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 106
@jf 850 I think it's 7 trees we have in the front yard, which is not a big yard, 4 cars would be a lot in it. Then round the back there's a bunch more, ash, mountain ash, sycamore, holly and a hedge of whitethorn.

I dream that in a hundred years time the place might end up with a similar ambiance to Bog Man's staff quarters maybe. Although the house is probably a bit small.

With @Bog Man having to come up with €50k for his 2022 fertiliser bill v 21, his staff quarters mightnt need to be as big .

We always had lots of trees here , and as some of the big older ash and beech fell or were cut down , I picked out ash in hedgerows to let grow on . However , an awful lot of the Ash trees are looking to fail here , especially in 2021 .

I have this one that I bought 2nd hand and so dont know the make and model. Works well on a Zetor 8111 but even with the infeed rollers it is hard work.
So this one has rollers to feed in the material but it's still hard work feeding it?

Someone’s bones are going to be boiled to make up the budgetary overspend . Hopefully it does not come out of the maritime entertainment account.

All our maritime entertainment accounts will have to get a serious trimming , with the unprecedented price increase of fertiliser .
In my case , we will have to cut out either the fish , or the chips , on our seaside visits .
@Bog Man may park the schooner in dry Dock, and downsize to the Tender .

Back