World Superbikes

Arthur

Season started today in Australia, Irelands Eugene Laverty got a race win and a second place so he's off to a good start, Hope his luck continues:thumbup:

Just seen the results my self, was only tinking about time we had an interest in superbikes, that aprillia must of been singing fairish...:whistle:

still not a zx10r though:fighting:

when does the irish road racing season start.. complete bunch of looooney tunes BTW

Real hard man stuff alright,racing between the hedges with nothing but a few small square bales of straw to soften the blow if you're misfortunate enuf to take a tumble, dont know when the 1st road race of the season is but the 1st major event is the North West 200, used as a shakedown for the I o M TT races, bulk of the road races are in Northern Ireland, due to insurance costs some of the southern events have died away in recent years, Eurosport have shown some of them during the winter which was good.

2nd round this weekend at Aragon,Spain. Tom (the grinner) Sykes on pole and Eugene Laverty 2nd, should be two cracking races, Supersport looking good too, Sofuoglu on pole and Sam Lowes 2nd, Big Vern probably delighted to see Sykes (Kawasaki) up front.

seen the rerun on 4+

sykes had a 3rd
not bad result
go green

I must have put the forum posters curse on 'em all, very bad results for the front row men in superbike and supersport races, I'd be rootin' for Laverty, reckon if he doesn't do it this year his best chance 'll be gone, Aprilia's the best bike at the moment for race distance. Sykes can put in the flier for pole but doesn't seem to be able to keep it up good enuf for the race

2014 season started in Australia weekend just gone, Laverty off to a great start with a change from Aprilia to Suzuki, won the 1st race and leading race 2 only for his engine to blow,.

Do ya know if it's being shown on the telly?

Love the bike racing, can't wait for motogp to start next month

Do ya know if it's being shown on the telly?

Love the bike racing, can't wait for motogp to start next month

[MENTION=3956]wee fergie[/MENTION]
All the Superbike and Supersport world championship and the Moto GP as well as a lot of the British racing can be seen live on Eurosport and Eurosport2 Sky channels 410 &411, also reshown during the week, you can catch the Superbike action tonight on Eurosport 2 at 11.30pm

[MENTION=3956]wee fergie[/MENTION]
All the Superbike and Supersport world championship and the Moto GP as well as a lot of the British racing can be seen live on Eurosport and Eurosport2 Sky channels 410 &411, also reshown during the week, you can catch the Superbike action tonight on Eurosport 2 at 11.30pm

Spanner,

Please keep us posted, now I'm a poor civvy I never be able to afford sky...

Cheers BV

Spanner,

Cheers BV

Update... two wins for Tom Sykes today in Aragon, poor qualifying for Eugene Laverty starting from eight on the grid, dropped as far as thirteenth in Race 1 but recovered to finish fifth, seventh in race 2. Sofuoglu aka Superglue won Supersport race.

Spanner,

Cheers BV

[MENTION=139]Big Vern[/MENTION] ,doubt if you got to watch todays WSB from Misano due to other commitments;) but another double win for Tom Sykes on the Kawasaki, Loris Baz 2nd in both races so a good days work for the Kawasaki squad.

[MENTION=139]Big Vern[/MENTION] WSB started again in Philip Island, Jonathon Rea (Kawasaki) Leon Haslam (Aprilia) Chas Davies (Ducti) in that order for race 1, Rea and Haslam swapped places in race 2 with Tom Sykes 4th, bit like BSB .:D

[MENTION=139]Big Vern[/MENTION] Round 2 from Thailand, an Irish, 3 Brits and a Welshman in top 6 of practice, 2 wins for Jonathon Rea who now leads the points, 2 second places for Leon Haslam who is second on points, Tom Sykes third.

Jonathon Rea going from strength to strength, has won eight of ten races and finished 2nd in the others.

New season started in Philip Island Australia @Big Vern , carrying on from where we left off with Jonathon Rea winning race 1, only have it recorded so won't see race 2 till tomorrow night.

Back