Xyzaline

Hey lads, anyone use a bit of xylazine to keep cattle quiet in the crush? Have a bull calf with a sore leg and he nearly killed me earlier on trying to look at it. Not used it before but heard about it on another forum.

Last edited:
Never heard of it but having experience of buying stone mad cattle that were given something to quieten them in a mart and seeing them for what they were a few hours later when it wore off has left a fairly vivid and frightening memory with me. Do what you want with your own stock but anyone drugging mad cattle to sell them should be beaten to within an inch of death because thats what very nearly happened an elderly uncle of mine with those mad bast*rds I mention above.

I used to bring cattle up to the crush and let them walk through with the head gate open . They got used to going through the crush so there was no drama when they needed to be treated. Read the book on handling cattle by Temple Grandin and take a bit of Zanex or whatever the crowd in the town are on . If you are relaxed and chilled the cattle will be.

“Quiet men make quiet cows”

Had some right nutjobs over the years,mixing them with quiet stock calms them down,just be careful when you get them in an enclosed area.

Have a neighbour that herds with the jeep flat out in third gear and standing on the horn. Then wonders why it takes 5 men 3 hours to get them in from field

Back