You tube channel

If opening them with a knife I cut the face of the bale open 3/4 way around on the top and let it hang down when they are still in the stack, then when you stick the fork in the plastic is already out of the way, drive into passage, quick slice along the side and pull wrap off, then cut the net open and pull it off. That way you can open the faces of whatever bales you need at the stack in one go and youā€™ve only to get out of the cab once for each bale.

How does everyone else open a bale?
Lay the bale same way as you had at the start remove the grab from the bale . Cut the shape of a cross on the each end of the bale then cut down the center line of the bale connecting each cross . Peel the plastic and net off the bale half way down the sides . Turn the bale over with the grab . Catch the the plastic and net with the tip of a tine and remove . Only need to get out of the tractor once . Sounds complicated there but the easiest way to open bales of any shape . All you need is a sharp knife .

I cut them in half across the length of net with the shear grab,I then get out and remove the wrap and net by hand,you do have to sit it down so you can easily pull the wrap away though.

Back