your prefered bucket lick.

wdah

as title although here we used bolus high iodine all trace, for another reason i was wondering what u deemed the best bucket lick for cattle and sheep.

here sheep normally get the hi energy top flock yellow bucket black lid,

cows get free access to topstock hi mag or three in one. In farness they arent as sore on the licks since we used the bolus but just not 100% want to rely on them.

that is what our local farm shop sells.

i find that the crystalyx seem to last longer and if i could get them handy would happy pay the premium but was wondering about the lifeline stuff for sheep and cattle pre lambing calving has anyone used it.

or what they use, anything but bolus or bag mineral

use hi phos timac lick blocks. don't use the lick buckets any more as I found some of the cattle would eat them like sweets

as title although here we used bolus high iodine all trace, for another reason i was wondering what u deemed the best bucket lick for cattle and sheep.

cows get free access to topstock hi mag or three in one. In farness they arent as sore on the licks since we used the bolus but just not 100% want to rely on them.

i find that the crystalyx seem to last longer and if i could get them handy would happy pay the premium but was wondering about the lifeline stuff for sheep and cattle pre lambing calving has anyone used it.

Use the crystalyx here for calves and replacement heifers. We buy about 10 and usually get one free off a local supplier we get on well with them they keep the rusty coat off calves and the garlic lick seems to keep the flies off the heifers quite well but they get a pour on anyway so it's hard to know.
The cows have free access to timac licks on the way out of the parlour, but in the spring they were eating pebbles at the side of the roadways and I can't remember rightly, but it was something like a deficiency in P or something similar was said to cause it. We put a lick the merchant had made up in each trough in the parlour which seemed to solve it. All pre-calver (can't recall the name now) is dusted over the feed in the passage rather than through the feeder.

use hi phos timac lick blocks. don't use the lick buckets any more as I found some of the cattle would eat them like sweets

Use the same blocks here although I find they don't last to long either. I was kinda half wondering if there actually worth the money at all?.

are you having problems or do you just want to be safe?

Sometimes too much is worse than too little? There are that many variable's including the water that is drunk
I'd say price getting vets to test a few bloods from random animals to give a better idea of your own situation

Use the same blocks here although I find they don't last to long either. I was kinda half wondering if there actually worth the money at all?.

ya same here although I thought with the buckets that some were getting a lot more then their fair share. I do notice when cows are in certain paddocks they go a lot more for the lick blocks then when in other paddocks

are you having problems or do you just want to be safe?

Sometimes too much is worse than too little? There are that many variable's including the water that is drunk
I'd say price getting vets to test a few bloods from random animals to give a better idea of your own situation

no problems, just find that when not bolused they ate the farmcares licks. local spot not stocking the crysaltics so wondered what others had that worked. find the odd calve that needs more liquidthrive but they dont get bolus and its just the odd one being aa the copper shows quick and it does give them a bloom after if the weather was bad, hard grass etc. always still lose a cow to tetney though it seems

Are you not feeding a ration with the barley? That should have sufficient minerals on it for finishers.

Are you not feeding a ration with the barley? That should have sufficient minerals on it for finishers.

Sorry my bad, the blocks go to the stores during the winter. The finishers get what they need from the diet feeder:tt2: see how I'm gone posh now:D. [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION]

Anyone use BKM blocks?? - saw them in a C0-op down the country and was wonderin are they any good for sucklers on acidic type grassland??

Back