Zetor 7441 vs zetor 10540

jf 850

Both around my budget what'd be a better tractor to buy? 2005 7441 or 1999 10540

On any 15 to 20 year old sh tractor , condition is king . You are more likely to come across a 7441 with 3000 hrs than a 10540 with anything under 7000 .

As @Paw correctly says , they are 2 completely different tractors . 7441 will be 75 hp odd , on 16.9 x 34 rear wheels , I'm not sure of gear numbers , maybe 10 f 2 r ? Definitely no splitter on gears . Cranked back axle , carry 1 bale of silage on the rear , and another on a loader , if fitted . Nice handy yard tractor , pull a 1600 gallon tanker , but no bigger . Tractor might pull bigger , but it would tail wagging the dog after that . You'd probably put a Rossmore 40 , maybe 60 loader on one .

10540 . I don't have one myself, have 2 of the next range , nearest neighbour has a 10540 . 105 hp . Well capable of getting over 10k hours on engine before rebuild , assuming oil is changed occasionally....
On 18.4 x 38 rears , 3 splits on each gear , physically much bigger tractor. As good a tractor as Zetor ever made .
You'd put Rossmore 80 or 100 loader on one .
You could use a double bale handler on the back with pleasure , probably 2250 tanker , 16 or 18 bales of silage .

Best description I'd give is if you know New Hollands , comparing a TS and a TL range . Both perfectly capable, depends on what you want it to do .

I'd go for the 10540 myself , if it was clean
@Deerehunter has had Zetors for years , but I don't know if he has had either tractor you are viewing.

On any 15 to 20 year old sh tractor , condition is king . You are more likely to come across a 7441 with 3000 hrs than a 10540 with anything under 7000 .

As @Paw correctly says , they are 2 completely different tractors . 7441 will be 75 hp odd , on 16.9 x 34 rear wheels , I'm not sure of gear numbers , maybe 10 f 2 r ? Definitely no splitter on gears . Cranked back axle , carry 1 bale of silage on the rear , and another on a loader , if fitted . Nice handy yard tractor , pull a 1600 gallon tanker , but no bigger . Tractor might pull bigger , but it would tail wagging the dog after that . You'd probably put a Rossmore 40 , maybe 60 loader on one .

10540 . I don't have one myself, have 2 of the next range , nearest neighbour has a 10540 . 105 hp . Well capable of getting over 10k hours on engine before rebuild , assuming oil is changed occasionally....
On 18.4 x 38 rears , 3 splits on each gear , physically much bigger tractor. As good a tractor as Zetor ever made .
You'd put Rossmore 80 or 100 loader on one .
You could use a double bale handler on the back with pleasure , probably 2250 tanker , 16 or 18 bales of silage .

Best description I'd give is if you know New Hollands , comparing a TS and a TL range . Both perfectly capable, depends on what you want it to do .

I'd go for the 10540 myself , if it was clean
@Deerehunter has had Zetors for years , but I don't know if he has had either tractor you are viewing.
Well my father is worried about weight with wet land😂. I was thinking the 10540 would take more abuse.... And all it'd do is topping and bringing in bales etc.

Well I went to see a few 7441s today n my verdict is they're not the easiest to start.... It was about. 3 degrees Celsius at the time and it took the garage men a good few goes to get them going. One even went for the priming pump. Have a 6718 and started in - 6 degrees with less hassle than them.

jf 850

Well I went to see a few 7441s today n my verdict is they're not the easiest to start.... It was about. 3 degrees Celsius at the time and it took the garage men a good few goes to get them going. One even went for the priming pump. Have a 6718 and started in - 6 degrees with less hassle than them.

The 10641 needs a bit of heat , but starts instantly then .
The old 4911 wasn't in the 1st flush of yoof, but shove in.the excess fuel button and away it went .

A friend had a 7245 , and it made a huge difference to it to give the primer pump a few pumps , after being left idle for the night

The 10641 needs a bit of heat , but starts instantly then .
The old 4911 wasn't in the 1st flush of yoof, but shove in.the excess fuel button and away it went .

A friend had a 7245 , and it made a huge difference to it to give the primer pump a few pumps , after being left idle for the night
The 7441s I saw took about 3 goes to get going and a lot of revving to keep them going when running or they'd cut out.